DT 990's vs. HD 558

Jogostar

Hello Folks.

Title says it all, which one is better for listening to Rap/Rapcore and gaming?

Thanks. :)

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Audio-technica tend to have a more punchy bass, for rap, techno, and FPS gaming, they are pretty good.

Audio-technica tend to have a more punchy bass, for rap, techno, and FPS gaming, they are pretty good.

Ok Jon Snow... :P

And which one for a budget of around 180$?

many people say 880 is better than 990,

and when 880 vs 598, it almost endless....

u may need to understand the difference sound signature of those above^

many people say 880 is better than 990,

and when 880 vs 598, it almost endless....

u may need to understand the difference sound signature of those above^

well obviously the 880 are better with a price difference off 100$ . ^^

I have the HD558's and personally I find the bass to be a bit lacking with them (due to factors like the very open design, flat[ish] response curve, design,etc). How about DT770? Save a bit of money and get nearly the same sound quality IMO.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

I have the HD558's and personally I find the bass to be a bit lacking with them (due to factors like the very open design, flat[ish] response curve, design,etc). How about DT770? Save a bit of money and get nearly the same sound quality IMO.

I just checked, they cost more here, xD

usWVmoD.png

IwxrX9a.png

prices has nothing to do with what's better. It's like saying the HD 800's are good just because of their price.

anyways I'd personally go 990's because they have really proper bass, with nice lows and highs, while the 558's are good with mids.

I own some hd598's and i have some dt990's getting here tomorrow. I opted for the 600ohm dt990's as i have a mayflower odac/amp on the way but its gonna take about 2 weeks to get here, however when i get it I can give u a direct comparison between the two headphones if you'd like.
The hd598 (relativity similar to the 558's) emphasize more on mids and highs but lack quite a bit in bass. While the dt990's emphasize more on bass and highs but can be equalized to a more flat response curve to equal out the bass and not drown out the mids from my understanding.

coz here 990 is  more expensive then 880.. it actually rather rare to see 990 here

and 770 is more like vs 558

880 vs 598

i been like in this situation before, i choose the 880 for it different sound signature than 598

in the end i didnt manage to seal the deal for 880+entry AMP for 150usd....

I switched from the PC360's (basically the 558's with a mic) to DT990's recently. To me the DT 990 is a much more fun headphone with much punchier bass. Don't get me wrong the PC360/558 sound great but if bass is important to you go DT990.