Need some advice on cooling because I've made a dumb purchasing decision

FMCore

So I bought the "Phanteks Eclipse Steel ATX Mid Tower Tempered Glass Black Cases - PH-EC300PTG_BK" case for a PC I was building after getting recommended to use it by about 4 people I talked to, not realizing that it only has one fan and that fan is used for exhaust, and after it shipped I started looking at the reviews again after I had just glanced over them (which I regret) and noticed that it stated the case's airflow is terrible and can easily overheat if you're not careful.

I bought a budget motherboard that only has two fan ports (GIGABYTE B450M DS3H), one for the CPU and one for the case (I know I could probably just get a splitter for it), and at the moment I can't really order another fan (first time building a PC and I manage to screw this up, I'm an idiot), so I thought of something that may or may not be a stupid idea, I was thinking of running the system without the side panel off and aiming a desk fan or two at it, I know it's not a good solution but I'm wondering if for now if it'll work or maybe I should just wait until I can get an intake fan before running the system?

If anyone is curious about what parts the system is using (first time building a PC like I said above, and I honestly feel like I could've done better with the case)

if you cant buy a fan to pull air in for the moment, run the pc without the left panel untill you can buy more fans if you see that temperatures for cpu and gpu are high

i have that same motherboard and overclocking this r3 2200 i cant make vrms to heat up

with only one fan the case will perform like a negative pressure case, it is not bad, i have a nzxt h500 and is very similar to yours, you should buy the top fan first so it becomes negative air pressure completelly, then add two in the front that might not help much in reality but will give you peace of mind

about the fan header, i bought a Y splitter for the fans on the back, the ones in the front are connected woth a molex converter, i bought slow fans and the molex converter seems to make them run even slower, so is a very silent case

are you using the stock heatsink on that r5?

2 minutes ago, goto10 said:

if you cant buy a fan to pull air in for the moment, run the pc without the left panel untill you can buy more fans if you see that temperatures for cpu and gpu are high

i have that same motherboard and overclocking this r3 2200 i cant make vrms to heat up

with only one fan the case will perform like a negative pressure case, it is not bad, i have a nzxt h500 and is very similar to yours, you should buy the top fan first so it becomes negative air pressure completelly, then add two in the front that might not help much in reality but will give you peace of mind

I don't plan to overclock this at all, I actually got a suggestion from someone I asked a few minutes ago, and they said I should underclock the ryzon 5 until I get the intake fans.

It's best to have balanced intake and exhaust of airflow through a case for equal pressure esp. when running a graphics card that dissipates heat into the case. But sometimes differences aren't as great vs. negative pressure as some make out. If running at stock clocks and correctly applied thermal paste, it may not be too bad. If you don't want to return the case right away, build it up, take your time if it's your first build and don't be hard on yourself. You will make some mistakes, I still do after 15 years. When you get it all together see how it runs under load. You may be fine at stock after all. Does the case any provision for front fans at all?

1 minute ago, pritch said:

It's best to have balanced intake and exhaust of airflow through a case for equal pressure esp. when running a graphics card that dissipates heat into the case. But sometimes differences aren't as great vs. negative pressure as some make out. If running at stock clocks and correctly applied thermal paste, it may not be too bad. If you don't want to return the case right away, build it up, take your time if it's your first build and don't be hard on yourself. You will make some mistakes, I still do after 15 years. When you get it all together see how it runs under load. You may be fine at stock after all. Does the case any provision for front fans at all?

Yeah it looks like it can support up to 2 intake fans in the front and 1 top fan:

Fan Options
Front: 2 x 120mm / 2 x 140mm fan

Rear: 1 x 120 mm fan (included)

Top: 1 x 120mm / 1 x 140mm fan

Have you confirmed that the system is actually overheating under load?

If you just bought the case you might be able to just return it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Have you confirmed that the system is actually overheating under load?

If you just bought the case you might be able to just return it.

I actually don't have the parts yet they're gonna arrive this week, but I just took a look at the reviews again and I got really worried.

1 minute ago, FMCore said:

I actually don't have the parts yet they're gonna arrive this week, but I just took a look at the reviews again and I got really worried.

no, you need to know if it happens, the panic must come after, not before, and not even after, you already got alot of information on how to deal with the situation, so dont worry, assemble it and then run tests with and without left panel installed, well, glass panel

1 minute ago, FMCore said:

Your parts aren't exceedingly hot so it may not be a problem at all; don't be so nervous :) if it does give you problems you can probably return it to the retailer. You could even return it right away if you changed your mind about what case you want.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, FMCore said:

Yeah it looks like it can support up to 2 intake fans in the front and 1 top fan:

Fan Options
Front: 2 x 120mm / 2 x 140mm fan

Rear: 1 x 120 mm fan (included)

Top: 1 x 120mm / 1 x 140mm fan

Ah ok I had another look, just doesn't have direct air intake over the fans. But that's definitely better than nothing. You would probably be fine with 1 front intake and 1 rear exhaust. But if you want 2 at the front, you might want to run another at the top to exhaust as well. These should all be at relatively low speeds.

Alright thank you everyone, I called into a local store and they have some fans and a spliter at decent prices, and I also asked a friend if they had any spares and it seems that they might have a few spares, so I'll see what happens with that.

140mm for the top fan? that is what im using here, it moves lots of air and i have it spinning very slow so it is very quiet

the rest of my fans are 120mm, but i can put 140 on the front, but have none with leds to put there

you know, leds and rgb increase speed on cpu by 50%!

48 minutes ago, FMCore said:

Hate to break it for you, but Eclipse 300 has really bad airflow overall. The newer 350 is apparently much better. You can watch Gamers Nexus reviews on both. So the people who recommended it to you probably thought you are getting AIO, or are just fond to somewhat cool looking cases with window.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, goto10 said:

140mm for the top fan? that is what im using here, it moves lots of air and i have it spinning very slow so it is very quiet

the rest of my fans are 120mm, but i can put 140 on the front, but have none with leds to put there

you know, leds and rgb increase speed on cpu by 50%!

heh, I'm not really into rgb lighting tbh.

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

Hate to break it for you, but Eclipse 300 has really bad airflow overall. The newer 350 is apparently much better. You can watch Gamers Nexus reviews on both. So the people who recommended it to you probably thought you are getting AIO, or are just fond to somewhat cool looking cases with window.

live and learn I guess.

1 hour ago, FMCore said:

Can you cancel the order on the case?