EPIC Store has a bunch of games for free for one week

Turtle Rig

Epic Games is giving away FREE copies of Limbo for one week, starting today and lasting until July 25th 2019. With Super Meat Boy, Subnautica, What Remains of Edith Finch, The Jackbox Party Pack, Axiom Verge, Thimbleweed Park, Slime Rancher and more games already given away, expect even more free games to be given away every single week during the whole 2019.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Is Epic worth it though? not yet installed it, I am however tempted by Subnautica. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

19 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Is Epic worth it though? not yet installed it, I am however tempted by Subnautica. 

It's too late for Subnautica I think - the giveaway window has passed.

As for the EGS... Your Mileage May Vary. I personally hate it - for multiple reasons I won't care to disclose here to not bore everyone to death.
But I also am stuck with it if I want to play a certain BL3 when it's released... So... Yeah, up to our personnal preferences I guess.

1 hour ago, Kierax said:

Wondering the same... Anyway I think I might test it

Their games use Unreal Engine 4 just like Fortnite.  So the graphics are good.  I played subnautica it has sick graphics you go under water and see sh*T  ,, Its a bit of sim as well, its not a first person shooter ya know... so its cool Unreal Engine 4 is the best engine period!  So grab some of those games guys.  Worst case you will have games with sick graphics hehe.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

15 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Their games use Unreal Engine 4 just like Fortnite.  So the graphics are good.  I played subnautica it has sick graphics you go under water and see sh*T  ,, Its a bit of sim as well, its not a first person shooter ya know... so its cool Unreal Engine 4 is the best engine period!  So grab some of those games guys.  Worst case you will have games with sick graphics hehe.

Just.... no. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

15 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Just.... no. 

I have a right to my opinion EPIC powns and Unreal Engine 4 pownz which is why the biggest game in gaming history "Fortnite" uses the Unreal Engine 4.  Also what is the problem with Subnautica ,, it uses unreal 4 engine so do all their games.  So do many PC games,,,,      what is this two word response that has no validation my friend.

5 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

I have a right to my opinion EPIC powns and Unreal Engine 4 pownz which is why the biggest game in gaming history "Fortnite" uses the Unreal Engine 4.  Also what is the problem with Subnautica ,, it uses unreal 4 engine so do all their games.  So do many PC games,,,,      what is this two word response that has no validation my friend.

My brain hurt too much from what you said to make a reasonable answer at the time. First of all a heck ton of what you said is just wrong and has terrible logic behind it, and your lack of any proper punctuation makes it hard to read already. 

"Their games use Unreal Engine 4 just like Fortnite."

Games made by Epic Games themselves? Yeah. Games on their store? Those aren't always made by them, there's a good few that don't run on Unreal Engine. 

"So the graphics are good."

No. Frostbite games look amazing, Cryengine games look amazing, modders can make Skyrim, running on an incredibly old engine, look comparable to some modern games. The engine doesn't make the graphics good, they can support amazing graphics and cool tech like the RTX features on newer GPUs and such, but it's up the the devs to make the game look good and use those features, the engine itself doesn't magically make games look good. Also wouldn't hold Fortnite up as the best looking game ever, it's a pretty simplistic cartoonish game, not something like Rise of The Tomb Raider that dropped jaws to the floor on release and still competes with modern titles in the looks department (That's made on an in-house engine apparently nicknamed Foundation too, not on Unreal Engine). 

"I played subnautica it has sick graphics you go under water and see sh*T  ,, Its a bit of sim as well, its not a first person shooter ya know... so its cool Unreal Engine 4 is the best engine period!"

See above, good games and good graphics don't mean the engine is automatically great. ARMA 3 is a great game and looks damn impressive on the max settings, but that runs on a terribly outdated engine. There's plenty of shit modern games that run on good engines too, it all depends on the type of game and the developers behind it. There's no "best engine period". Unreal Engine 4 is a great option but there's a ton of reasons other devs use other engines. Some engines are built for specific tasks too. Frostbite, DICE's excellent engine, is only actually excellent for first person shooters like the Battlefront/Battlefield series, for things like Anthem and Mass Effect Andromeda it was horrible and contributed in a lot of ways to the failings of both those games. Great engines =/= great games and great games =/= great engines. 

"So grab some of those games guys.  Worst case you will have games with sick graphics hehe."

That argument has no failings, if you want free games and don't mind the EGS, go ahead. They do tend to pick nice looking games too from what I've seen. 

"I have a right to my opinion EPIC powns and Unreal Engine 4 pownz which is why the biggest game in gaming history "Fortnite" uses the Unreal Engine 4."

Your opinion is why Fortnite runs on Unreal Engine 4? Or do you mean UE4 powns noobs and thus is the best engine? UE4 doesn't pown anyone, it's just a solid option depending on your use case, the reason Fortnite runs on it is because that game is made by Epic Games and they own Unreal Engine 4. Either way you need to work on your english, that sentence is really confusing. 

"Also what is the problem with Subnautica ,, it uses unreal 4 engine so do all their games."

Don't have a problem with Subnautica, I have a problem with the dumb logic of "Subnautica is pretty thus UE4 best engine". Also you need to better define "their". Epic Games? Games on the EGS? Because Subnautica is made by Unknown Worlds Entertainment according to google, and AFAIK has existed longer than the Epic Games Store has been an actual thing. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

My brain hurt too much from what you said to make a reasonable answer at the time. First of all a heck ton of what you said is just wrong and has terrible logic behind it, and your lack of any proper punctuation makes it hard to read already. 

"Their games use Unreal Engine 4 just like Fortnite."

Games made by Epic Games themselves? Yeah. Games on their store? Those aren't always made by them, there's a good few that don't run on Unreal Engine. 

"So the graphics are good."

No. Frostbite games look amazing, Cryengine games look amazing, modders can make Skyrim, running on an incredibly old engine, look comparable to some modern games. The engine doesn't make the graphics good, they can support amazing graphics and cool tech like the RTX features on newer GPUs and such, but it's up the the devs to make the game look good and use those features, the engine itself doesn't magically make games look good. Also wouldn't hold Fortnite up as the best looking game ever, it's a pretty simplistic cartoonish game, not something like Rise of The Tomb Raider that dropped jaws to the floor on release and still competes with modern titles in the looks department (That's made on an in-house engine apparently nicknamed Foundation too, not on Unreal Engine). 

"I played subnautica it has sick graphics you go under water and see sh*T  ,, Its a bit of sim as well, its not a first person shooter ya know... so its cool Unreal Engine 4 is the best engine period!"

See above, good games and good graphics don't mean the engine is automatically great. ARMA 3 is a great game and looks damn impressive on the max settings, but that runs on a terribly outdated engine. There's plenty of shit modern games that run on good engines too, it all depends on the type of game and the developers behind it. There's no "best engine period". Unreal Engine 4 is a great option but there's a ton of reasons other devs use other engines. Some engines are built for specific tasks too. Frostbite, DICE's excellent engine, is only actually excellent for first person shooters like the Battlefront/Battlefield series, for things like Anthem and Mass Effect Andromeda it was horrible and contributed in a lot of ways to the failings of both those games. Great engines =/= great games and great games =/= great engines. 

"So grab some of those games guys.  Worst case you will have games with sick graphics hehe."

That argument has no failings, if you want free games and don't mind the EGS, go ahead. They do tend to pick nice looking games too from what I've seen. 

"I have a right to my opinion EPIC powns and Unreal Engine 4 pownz which is why the biggest game in gaming history "Fortnite" uses the Unreal Engine 4."

Your opinion is why Fortnite runs on Unreal Engine 4? Or do you mean UE4 powns noobs and thus is the best engine? UE4 doesn't pown anyone, it's just a solid option depending on your use case, the reason Fortnite runs on it is because that game is made by Epic Games and they own Unreal Engine 4. Either way you need to work on your english, that sentence is really confusing. 

"Also what is the problem with Subnautica ,, it uses unreal 4 engine so do all their games."

Don't have a problem with Subnautica, I have a problem with the dumb logic of "Subnautica is pretty thus UE4 best engine". Also you need to better define "their". Epic Games? Games on the EGS? Because Subnautica is made by Unknown Worlds Entertainment according to google, and AFAIK has existed longer than the Epic Games Store has been an actual thing. 

Ok then I apologize.  I have just experienced Subnautica and that uses UE4.. I don't have experienced with these games so I assumed it was Unreal Engine 4.  I apologize for that.  :)

2 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

Epic Games is giving away FREE copies of Limbo for one week, starting today and lasting until July 25th 2019. With Super Meat Boy, Subnautica, What Remains of Edith Finch, The Jackbox Party Pack, Axiom Verge, Thimbleweed Park, Slime Rancher and more games already given away, expect even more free games to be given away every single week during the whole 2019.

You must not visit the Hot Deals section. Many months late bud.

Just now, Dr. Historic Low said:

You must not visit the Hot Deals section. Many months late bud.

Stick a dagger in my eye might as well..... it comes and goes I guess.

1 minute ago, Turtle Rig said:

Stick a dagger in my eye might as well..... it comes and goes I guess.

But the Hot Deals section is literally flooded with this information. You can't miss it.