java scoring info? datebase? help please

easylifeforme

hey,

I'm wonder if there is a way in java to create a way that your code will save user inputs for next time it will fun. My example of this would be to create an account for something where the user inputs info then can log in with it. Do you know how to have it save to some sorta of date place that then the code could check to see if an account is real?

This is basically the function 'cookies' perform on a website. I have no idea about how to use them (last time I programmed was in 99 and was using SQL).

I'm not entirely sure what you want but from what I've understood is that you're trying to register a user and check whether the user is real or not when logging in? If so then you can use JDBC and mysql to store users into the database and simply use sql query to store the results into a string and use that to check whether the user exists or not.

You would have to use something like mySQL. Or if it is really small scale you can make a text file using java and list names and info in a certain order and use some algorithm, that will organize the information into something readable. 

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Or (again, small scale) you could just make a class that implements serializable that holds the data you want to maintain and just write the object onto a file with an ObjectOutputStream and read it up next time.