looking to play battefield 5

hiltomedy1

hey i have a 1660 ti, i7 6700k, and 16 gb of ram, would i be able to run the game on high or ultra with a good amount of fps?

With a 1660ti u can probably run it on a mix of Low-Medium settings to get around 60+ Fps on 1080p.

If you want to go High-Ultra u need around a 1080/1080ti or a 2070 with Ray Tracing disabled in the settings.

18 minutes ago, SoreRaito said:

With a 1660ti u can probably run it on a mix of Low-Medium settings to get around 60+ Fps on 1080p.

If you want to go High-Ultra u need around a 1080/1080ti or a 2070 with Ray Tracing disabled in the settings.

Dude you are very much wrong. The 1660 ti gets 90 frames average with lows of 79 fps at 1080p ultra. At least do some research before making a comment. 

27 minutes ago, hiltomedy1 said:

hey i have a 1660 ti, i7 6700k, and 16 gb of ram, would i be able to run the game on high or ultra with a good amount of fps?

Yeah you should be able to get good performance with a gtx 1660 ti. Here is a review with a benchmark of battlefield 5 that shows this. Your CPU should be fine as battlefield tends to play well with 4 core i7s because they have 8 threads. Also hitting 90 fps average isn't super demanding on the CPU. 

https://www.techspot.com/review/1797-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-ti/

31 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Dude you are very much wrong. The 1660 ti gets 90 frames average with lows of 79 fps at 1080p ultra. At least do some research before making a comment. 

Well the first thing is they tested it with the 9900k @5ghz that alone is different to a 6700k at whatever ghz he has it. What the techspot ppl use as a test bench is top hardware for the 1660ti.
The other thing is the tests are mostly done in the single player campaign which is to my understanding a big difference in performance than the multiplayer with x amount of ppl on one map.

I have played BF5 with a 8700k @4.9ghz 16gb 3600mhz ram and a 1070 at 1080p ultra and i was running around 80fps with fps dips in firefights to around 40-50 fps depending on what was happening on the screen, so i am talking here about real life experience not benchmark's (which are nice but not 100% the same for everyone). I did some research btw so don't worry about that, but what i was talking about here was my own experience with the game.

And Yes my number might be wrong for you, but i was giving him suggestions on from my own experience.

1 hour ago, SoreRaito said:

Well the first thing is they tested it with the 9900k @5ghz that alone is different to a 6700k at whatever ghz he has it. What the techspot ppl use as a test bench is top hardware for the 1660ti.
The other thing is the tests are mostly done in the single player campaign which is to my understanding a big difference in performance than the multiplayer with x amount of ppl on one map.

I have played BF5 with a 8700k @4.9ghz 16gb 3600mhz ram and a 1070 at 1080p ultra and i was running around 80fps with fps dips in firefights to around 40-50 fps depending on what was happening on the screen, so i am talking here about real life experience not benchmark's (which are nice but not 100% the same for everyone). I did some research btw so don't worry about that, but what i was talking about here was my own experience with the game.

And Yes my number might be wrong for you, but i was giving him suggestions on from my own experience.

You didn't though because if you had you would realize if you get 80 fps with a 1070 at 1080p ultra then the 1660 ti would be about the same. Then you go and say that they would have to play at low to medium to get 60+ fps performance which is absolutely nonsense. I know someone who plays the game at 1080p high settings with a 1060 and it does absolutely fine getting above 60 fps consistently with a 7700k at stock settings. 

3 hours ago, hiltomedy1 said:

Do I even need to say anything here? 75-95 fps all day long. And if you're wise, you'll turn down or OFF a few fps killing settings that make no difference visually to easily go above and beyond 100 fps. I get 105-125 fps on a 6th gen i5 paired with a 1070. Pretty sure you can do the same, if not better with that i7 6700K. A 1660 Ti is pretty much the same as a 1070 in terms of performance. Depends on the game. Some games you might get 1-5 fps more on a 1070 but in others you might get 1-5 fps less. Most games it's a 0-2 fps difference. And you see, your i7 is better than my i5, so... yea.

Just make sure you overclock that i7 otherwise your GHz is just 4.0. Why you wouldn't overclock a K CPU is tough to understand. If 4.7 to 5.0 is a stretch, just clock it at 4.5 and call it a day. I'm literally at 3.0 GHz. It ain't gonna hurt ya'.

Play with everything on low except mesh quality on ultra for full sweaty settings ;)