Linus was at space and rocket center in Huntsville. Meet and greet please.

fg_botbrad

Me and my son are huge Ltt geeks. Can we please meet you guys if you are still around Huntsville. I wish I knew you were going  to the Sat5 anniversary. We for sure would  have been there. If you need a tour around the Huntsville best buy or want to see our computers we built from watching your channel please let me know.

I can pretty much guarantee they are back home in Canada.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

The episode was filmed at least back in April or early May since it posted to floatplane back at the end of May so they are definitely not in the area anymore unfortunately.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I figured it was worth a shot in the dark. We almost went to the Spacecenter on Sunday too. Dang it.

Well donuts. The dang Anniversary was on Sunday.

Just now, fg_botbrad said:

Well donuts. The dang Anniversary was on Sunday.

Yah, they usually film things a few weeks before posting but with this one I think they filmed well in advance and posted on the anniversary.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, however that video looking at the Saturn V rocket was filmed months ago. It was upload to Floatplane in May almost 2 months ago, and it would have been filmed and edited a few weeks earlier before being slotted in to the release schedule.

The best place for a meet and greet would be at LTX if you can make the trip to Canada. Unfortunately when LTT (or most creators) are travelling abroad for shoots they tend to be quite time limited and have a set schedule of places they need to be and film throughout the day before they have to fly home or travel to another location. They may not always have time for fan meet and greets.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Yeah I get that. I have always wanted to go to LTX. But I wasn't sure if we needed a passport or something. I went to Canada as a kid and I didn't need one back then. Maybe we will have to go this year or next year.

Although you might not have been able to meet Linus, this is a great forum to hang out in and post builds, get advice, etc. and every now and again Linus himself will pop into a thread with some random stuff so feel free to stick around, we don't bite (usually) :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, fg_botbrad said:

Yeah I get that. I have always wanted to go to LTX. But I wasn't sure if we needed a passport or something. I went to Canada as a kid and I didn't need one back then. Maybe we will have to go this year or next year.

Yah, these days you need a Passport unfortunately for traveling out of the country, even to our nice Canadian friends :(

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

8 hours ago, fg_botbrad said:

Me and my son are huge Ltt geeks. Can we please meet you guys if you are still around Huntsville. I wish I knew you were going  to the Sat5 anniversary. We for sure would  have been there. If you need a tour around the Huntsville best buy or want to see our computers we built from watching your channel please let me know.

First, Linus isn't likely to see this in time. Second, the dude was most likely on Vacation. Let him vacation. If he was working, let him work.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

8 hours ago, Lurick said:

Yah, these days you need a Passport unfortunately for traveling out of the country, even to our nice Canadian friends :(

Yep, 9/11 changed everything. Before then, you could go across the border using a regular drivers license or birth certificate, etc. Now you need an Enhanced Drivers License or a Passport.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

33 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Yep, 9/11 changed everything. Before then, you could go across the border using a regular drivers license or birth certificate, etc. Now you need an Enhanced Drivers License or a Passport.

Isn't there a road up there somewhere that is right on the boarder so if you drive on the wrong side in some places you risk getting done for crossing the boarder? Or is that another internet myth blown out of proportion?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

5 hours ago, mr moose said:

Isn't there a road up there somewhere that is right on the boarder so if you drive on the wrong side in some places you risk getting done for crossing the boarder? Or is that another internet myth blown out of proportion?

Definitely no place I've heard of - but the Canadian border is 8800 km long, so there's certainly the possibility that's correct.

If so, I don't think there would be any consequences of driving on different sides of the road.

My coworker said he spotted him at Subway the other day.  So yes, he's definitely back in Canada now.

I work just down the street a bit from LMG, I'm surprised I haven't seen him in my travels yet.  2 of my coworkers have seen him in their travels so far.