Installed Ryzen 3700X on B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

All of the display-ports on my GIGABYTE RTX 2080 have stopped working, would this be down to a BIOS issue? I was also wondering as to whether I was on the correct BIOS version? I currently have installed E7B85AMS.17M but 7B85v16 is listed in the BIOS support section on the MSI website? If anyone here is using this motherboard and CPU combination, how do you have your system setup?

CPU: Ryzen 3700X GPU: RTX 2080 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 3000MHz Motherboard: Z270 MPOWER GAMING TITANIUM SSD: Samsung 850EVO Cooler: Corsair 100X PSU: Corsair RM850x Case: NZXT H500

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Did you update the BIOS?

I updated BIOS to E7B85AMS.17M. However, on the motherboards support page it has 7B85v16 listed. I don't know which one I should be running. I used BIOS FLACKBACK as I didn't have a previous gen Ryzen.

CPU: Ryzen 3700X GPU: RTX 2080 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 3000MHz Motherboard: Z270 MPOWER GAMING TITANIUM SSD: Samsung 850EVO Cooler: Corsair 100X PSU: Corsair RM850x Case: NZXT H500

Try updating to the 7B85v16 instead of the 17m version.

I do not know if it will work, but defo worth a try?

But yes, it does look like your current mainboard doesn't support the ryzen 3000 series with its current bios.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

Just now, Caennanu said:

Try updating to the 7B85v16 instead of the 17m version.

I do not know if it will work, but defo worth a try?

But yes, it does look like your current mainboard doesn't support the ryzen 3000 series with its current bios.

I am up and running with E7B85AMS.17M  and it works. It's just a beta BIOS and has a legacy UI and not the modern UI with all the settings etc. I don't want to update to 7B85v16  and have it cause problems if people don't know for sure.

4 minutes ago, DisguisedMonkey said:

I am up and running with E7B85AMS.17M  and it works. It's just a beta BIOS and has a legacy UI and not the modern UI with all the settings etc. I don't want to update to 7B85v16  and have it cause problems if people don't know for sure.

If it works, it works. Don't update and wait for the non beta release.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

27 minutes ago, DisguisedMonkey said:

I updated BIOS to E7B85AMS.17M. However, on the motherboards support page it has 7B85v16 listed. I don't know which one I should be running. I used BIOS FLACKBACK as I didn't have a previous gen Ryzen.

Flash the newest BIOS and it should work just fine.

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Flash the newest BIOS and it should work just fine.

The problem is I don't know what the newest BIOS actually is. I've messaged MSI and see if they respond.

Am I right in assuming that MSI will release BIOS updates for this board in the coming weeks which are optimised for this B450 board?

Just now, DisguisedMonkey said:

Am I right in assuming that MSI will release BIOS updates for this board in the coming weeks which are optimised for this B450 board?

Bios's should be out right now.

The newest BIOS would be the one with the newest Agesa number or latest date.

6 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Bios's should be out right now.

The newest BIOS would be the one with the newest Agesa number or latest date.

image.png.27ffd0416915ecef330a9ec66944bd30.png

There is 7B85v16 which is the latest AMI BIOS? However, just above that there is a BETA BIOS for AMD Ryzen 300 sereies CPU which says click here. I have installed that one. What is the 7B85v16 version? Is this the one I should have installed? I currently have the one installed with a god awful UI.

4 minutes ago, DisguisedMonkey said:

image.png.27ffd0416915ecef330a9ec66944bd30.png

There is 7B85v16 which is the latest AMI BIOS? However, just above that there is a BETA BIOS for AMD Ryzen 300 sereies CPU which says click here. I have installed that one. What is the 7B85v16 version? Is this the one I should have installed? I currently have the one installed with a god awful UI.

Newest at the top there is pre-3rd gen. So you will need to go into the Beta Bioses then to get post 3rd gen

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Newest at the top there is pre-3rd gen. So you will need to go into the Beta Bioses then to get post 3rd gen

I have that one installed. I just went to try and change voltage of CPU from auto which is currently at 1.45V to 1.3V and the CPU LED just came on. I had to clear CMOS to get it back on. Any ideas?

3 minutes ago, DisguisedMonkey said:

I have that one installed. I just went to try and change voltage of CPU from auto which is currently at 1.45V to 1.3V and the CPU LED just came on. I had to clear CMOS to get it back on. Any ideas?

All i can really say is to wait from MSI support and hopefully a new BIOS is out soon. 

Just now, GoldenLag said:

All i can really say is to wait from MSI support and hopefully a new BIOS is out soon. 

Hopefully within the next few weeks or I’ll have to return this B450 board to Amazon and buy a new X570 or something. Thanks for your help anyway.

I am kinda scared because I ordered the Carbon and a 3700X. Let's hope everything will work. Does anyone know if there is any ETA for the release builds of the new bios version? I am not really a fan of betas but I have to I guess.

1 hour ago, yo_simon said:

I am kinda scared because I ordered the Carbon and a 3700X. Let's hope everything will work. Does anyone know if there is any ETA for the release builds of the new bios version? I am not really a fan of betas but I have to I guess.

I have it up and running on version E7B85AMS.17M. MSI say that they have a release version planned on their forums but no timescale.

They must be planning on releasing it in the coming weeks because there will be thousands of people upgrading to 3rd gen on X470, B450 etc.

The only issue I am having is with the BIOS and saving CPU voltage settings. It just gets stuck and I have to clear the CMOS everytime I change CPU settings.

I will hope for the best but if they don't have a full release in a timely manner, then I will just buy an X570 when I can.

as far as i understand his only problem is that the bios is ugly and has not the working mouse? btw. i asked MSI about exactly this Mainboard and a usb bios flashback without a cpu and if it will work and they told me yes.

"hier finden sie die aktuellen BETA Biose 
https://www.msi.com/blog/the-latest-bios-for-amd-300-400-series-motherboard

"

these are the BETA Bios Versions

Still strikes me that MSI was not able to deliver new BIOS versions (non beta) for the zen2 release to the release date. 

I would imagine that AMD partners get new CPUs way before release that they can build the new mainboards/change the BIOS?!

24 minutes ago, yo_simon said:

Still strikes me that MSI was not able to deliver new BIOS versions (non beta) for the zen2 release to the release date. 

I would imagine that AMD partners get new CPUs way before release that they can build the new mainboards/change the BIOS?!

I think it’s because of the amount of boards that they have to produce a BIOS for. Hopefully they will release the actual versions soon.

Hey guys from Germany.

I also have problems with my ryzen 3700x and my b450 Gaming Pro carbon AC.

After flashing the BETA BIOS i have a blackscreen, cant do anything, no bios nothing! 

Its a complete new System. nothing works... Anyone else with the same problem?

RTX 2080 

Straightpower 11 550

B450 MSI GAMING PRO Carbon AC

49 minutes ago, ChrisRYZEN said:

Hey guys from Germany.

I also have problems with my ryzen 3700x and my b450 Gaming Pro carbon AC.

After flashing the BETA BIOS i have a blackscreen, cant do anything, no bios nothing! 

Its a complete new System. nothing works... Anyone else with the same problem?

RTX 2080 

Straightpower 11 550

B450 MSI GAMING PRO Carbon AC

Did you flash the new bios with an FAT32 formatted USB pen drive?

13 minutes ago, yo_simon said:

Did you flash the new bios with an FAT32 formatted USB pen drive?

Yep i did that!

For me everything worked out fine. Flashing was really easy and the MB never had booting problems with the 3700X. My RAM runs fine on 3200 so yeah I am happy with it.

I have a 3700x working on msi b450 pro carbon ac. but it took 2 bios flashes with the beta bios. Before attempting the second bios flash, i cleared the cmos via jumper first. I've read that many people need to clear the cmos before it would post

i tried the non beta bios (v16) and it flat out did not work with the new ryzens so don't bother. You need to use the 17M beta version

Anyways, the computer is working like a champ right now

Ryzen 3700x w/ Arctic Cooling 34 eSports DUO || MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC || GSkill DDR4 3200 CL14 @ 3600 16-16-16 || EVGA 2070 XC Gaming || WD Black 1T NVME, WD Black 2T 7200 rpm || EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+