21:9 vs 31:10 vs 16:9 New monitor

Hunlight
2 hours ago, Hunlight said:

nah dont have that here, only regular warranty which is so complicated that at the end its ends when u open box :D u know one of those :D

btw actually I found 14 days refund policy, but it is so damn complicated with shit tons of points that I believe they will find smth to not please a refund :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 5:01 PM, Darkrunner said:

Imo get the Asus for that price you get a stunning monitor, you have 14 days money back guarantee?

Ok so I got the asus 21:9 one u mentioned.

Loved it. colors, size everything. In games its such a bliss ... having even 100 fps (havent OCed to 120 wont even try fine with 100 for now) is just like a new world :DD

and games in 21:9 is such an amazing thing.

Only thing, unfortunately I couldnt find anything related g-sync in nvidia control panel so I think its not compatible anymore/ now Idk. mby will be in the future or whatever.

Its bad that it doesnt have gsync really wanted it but oh well for the price its a great deal and I can bear with it.

You have this in nvidia control?

Monitor must also be connected with a Dp cable (min 1.2)

o3viyvgy.jpg

On 7/21/2019 at 10:10 AM, Darkrunner said:

You have this in nvidia control?

Monitor must also be connected with a Dp cable (min 1.2)

o3viyvgy.jpg

oooh it mustbe dp ? ok... I used hdmi as both of them went in the package so I didnt knew theres difference, though I used hdmi 2.1 or was it 2.0 dont remember, the cable I shared link before.

Did you not get a Dp cable with the monitor? there was one in my box

10 hours ago, Darkrunner said:

Idk will check, I just didnt knew it mattered which cable to use so I used mine hdmi which I bought (coz it looked fancy xD) will try to switch tomorrow or day after when will have some extra time. Will let u know how it goes.

On 7/22/2019 at 10:49 AM, Darkrunner said:

Switched the cable for DP and it works!!! Gsync enabled !!! amazing xDD will need to try it out and hope to notice difference with time :D

Can I just hop into this thread? ^^

I checked out reviews for a few days and decided to land on a -100€ deal on BenQ EX3501R and... oh man.

- Black and dark smearing all over the place (though I did expect this because it's a VA panel, but none of the YouTube reviews mentioned it was this bad)

- 100Hz not working on any of my 3 Nvidia cards I tested with but 99Hz seemed to work without skipping

- uneven colours and I mean there are greenish and reddish areas around screen

- dark and light horizontal stripes that always draw attention when camera tilts in any game

- and the last but not least depending on the material on display the monitor adjusts it's brightness or something like that and sometimes it bugs out and starts flickering it up and down.

But hey! Gsync worked! Except it flickered the backlight when fps got too high so I disabled it.

So I RMA'd it, waited almost a month, got a new unit, pretty much the same story. The horizontal stripes weren't as noticeable but that unit has really bad backlight bleed areas. I'm applying for a refund and I'm looking for another 21:9 100Hz monitor.

While I was waiting for the RMA process, I got myself a 27" 75Hz TN panel and now that I got temporarily back to ultrawide... man, I really love the immersion and real estate for productivity and I just cannot go back to 16:9.

The Asus display you got seems pretty decent, is there any kinds of cons in your unit, like ghosting, uneven colors/brightness and flickering or backlight bleed? :D

Other comparable 1440p 100Hz non-smearing non-TN panels around sub 1000€?

3700X | NH-D15 | X470-F | 2x16GB @3200MHz | RTX 2060 Ventus OC

RM650x | Fractal Design R4 | NVMe 970 EVO Plus 512GB | SATA 850 EVO 512GB

<Build Log>

On 7/24/2019 at 12:59 PM, Dubba said:

Can I just hop into this thread? ^^

I checked out reviews for a few days and decided to land on a -100€ deal on BenQ EX3501R and... oh man.

- Black and dark smearing all over the place (though I did expect this because it's a VA panel, but none of the YouTube reviews mentioned it was this bad)

- 100Hz not working on any of my 3 Nvidia cards I tested with but 99Hz seemed to work without skipping

- uneven colours and I mean there are greenish and reddish areas around screen

- dark and light horizontal stripes that always draw attention when camera tilts in any game

- and the last but not least depending on the material on display the monitor adjusts it's brightness or something like that and sometimes it bugs out and starts flickering it up and down.

But hey! Gsync worked! Except it flickered the backlight when fps got too high so I disabled it.

So I RMA'd it, waited almost a month, got a new unit, pretty much the same story. The horizontal stripes weren't as noticeable but that unit has really bad backlight bleed areas. I'm applying for a refund and I'm looking for another 21:9 100Hz monitor.

While I was waiting for the RMA process, I got myself a 27" 75Hz TN panel and now that I got temporarily back to ultrawide... man, I really love the immersion and real estate for productivity and I just cannot go back to 16:9.

The Asus display you got seems pretty decent, is there any kinds of cons in your unit, like ghosting, uneven colors/brightness and flickering or backlight bleed? :D

Other comparable 1440p 100Hz non-smearing non-TN panels around sub 1000€?

eeeem I used now for what a week? So far only pros. Even gsync worked perfectly with right cable hooked in xD. No tearing, color issue as u mentioned, Colors looks insane I checked in photoshop and other adobe software Im using colors are close to perfect (for non so professional use of course) perfectly works with 100 fps (not sure what u mean about 99 fps but everything works on 100Hz just fine)

sooo I can only suggest u grab this one as for this price (was 580 eur here) u wont find a better deal 100%

Theres IPS +gsync alternatives for +200-300 eur but at this point after all the discussion here and trying this one Im not sure its even worth to overpay for it.

P.S. In games blacks and 100fps (real 100Hz) looks insanely amazing I mean INSANELY AMAZING.

Yeah VA panels have good contrast and blacks do indeed look A LOT better in any case compared to TN panels. I was playing Doom yesterday and it really is a treat

With the Hz thing I meant that when I try to run mine at 100Hz there's some kind of frame skipping happening and it feels like stuttering. It can be confirmed with the UFO test too. When I drop the panel to 3440x1440 at 99Hz instead of 100Hz, everything is smooth and no frame skipping happens. By some googling I found this has been happening with nvidia cards -__-

But the blacks, I've just accepted that a VA panel isn't for me because I might be overly sensitive about the black ghosting that is typical to VA panels. Strangely enough it doesn't affect a lot of games, but one of the easiest examples would be some kind of a space game. Every time you move camera even a bit, all the starts will dim and they return back to full brightness shortly after you've stopped moving camera. Or if you have a shadowy floor with bright reflections, every time camera moves the dark colors will leave ghosting effect dimming the reflections. Or trees during a night scene, every leaf trails against the dark sky.

Your experience sounds great, but I'm might be looking for the X34P or alienware equivalent or some other IPS panel after all. They just have that price tag and IPS glow to be worried about : D

3700X | NH-D15 | X470-F | 2x16GB @3200MHz | RTX 2060 Ventus OC

RM650x | Fractal Design R4 | NVMe 970 EVO Plus 512GB | SATA 850 EVO 512GB

<Build Log>