No audio from Motherboard 3.5mm jack

PartyWire

Hej, so recently i bought myself 2 new monitors, pretty budget, but you know, does the thing. Prior to these 2 monitors i had been using my TV for a screen, using HDMI, so the audio was routed through that. So i put em screens up, connected the DVI cables, since they don't have HDMI... plugged in the 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable from the of my MoBo to get audio through the screens built in speakers. Nothing, tried the front panel, nada. tried to use headphones, also nothing. no matter what port i plugged it in, nothing came up. at first i thought a restart might be needed. still nothing, uninstalled the realtek HD audio whatever thing, reinstalled it. At first, the realtek audio panel was there, but then i tried, reinstalling again, then the whole realtek program just disappeared, not in its place where it was usually. for some reason, always, no matter if i had the audio drivers or not i get 2 possible audio outputs

"Realtek digital output(optical)" and "Realtek digital output", it shows me they are acceptable audio outputs, but both do exactly nothing and a half. kinda running out of options here.

MoBo: ASUS M5a99fx Pro r2.0

Monitors: Viewsonic VA2246M-LED

I might fear that the problem is in my windows, because I'm running Windows 10 S, but then again it can't since it worked with my TV.

If you need help on used parts, contact me. I'm an used enthusiast.

Open the spoiler to see some cool stuff!

Spoiler

My old/new tech Collection!

CPUs (11)

Intel Pentium III @ 733Mhz (Oldest of the Bunch)

Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.8Ghz (2002)

Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.0Ghz (2003)

AMD Sempron 64 2800+ @ 1.6Ghz (2004, Aug)

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ @ 2.2Ghz (2004, Jun)

2X Intel Xeon X5355 @ 2.66Ghz (2006, Q4)

Intel Pentium E2140 @ 1.6Ghz (2007, Q2)

Intel Xeon E5630 @ 2.53Ghz (2010, Q1)

Intel Core2 Duo E8400 @ 3Ghz (2008, Q1) (In use, @ 3.61Ghz)

Intel Pentium E6500 @ 2.93Ghz (2008, Q1)

GPUs (6)

Palit GeForce 6800 GS (Should be working, AGP 8X)

Club 3D GTS 450 (Working, PCI-e 16x)

Sapphire Radeon X800GTO (Working, PCI-e 16x)

Nvidia GeForce 4 (Last time worked, AGP 4X)

Nvidia GeForce FX (No idea, AGP 4X)

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 OC (Semi-dead, PCI-e 16x)

Ram (1)

No idea of the brand or Socket (Whopping 16 Mb memory)

Cables (1)

CrossFire X Cable

49 minutes ago, PartyWire said:

Hej, so recently i bought myself 2 new monitors, pretty budget, but you know, does the thing. Prior to these 2 monitors i had been using my TV for a screen, using HDMI, so the audio was routed through that. So i put em screens up, connected the DVI cables, since they don't have HDMI... plugged in the 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable from the of my MoBo to get audio through the screens built in speakers. Nothing, tried the front panel, nada. tried to use headphones, also nothing. no matter what port i plugged it in, nothing came up. at first i thought a restart might be needed. still nothing, uninstalled the realtek HD audio whatever thing, reinstalled it. At first, the realtek audio panel was there, but then i tried, reinstalling again, then the whole realtek program just disappeared, not in its place where it was usually. for some reason, always, no matter if i had the audio drivers or not i get 2 possible audio outputs

"Realtek digital output(optical)" and "Realtek digital output", it shows me they are acceptable audio outputs, but both do exactly nothing and a half. kinda running out of options here.

MoBo: ASUS M5a99fx Pro r2.0

Monitors: Viewsonic VA2246M-LED

I might fear that the problem is in my windows, because I'm running Windows 10 S, but then again it can't since it worked with my TV.

audio should just be able to travel from your pc to your monitor using hdmi. it spossible that your monitors just straight up have no built in speakers possible the reason why they have 3.5 mm jacks on them.

nvm looked it up they do have speakers.  thought they didnt because my one monitor has no spoeakers but also have a 3.5 mm audio out on them. also you werent using hdmi I guesse I glossed over that part too. 

only thing I can really think of areplaying with your built in monitor volume and menus.

Plug headphones/speakers into stereo out jack on your sound card.

Right click on speaker icon, select Playback devices, select the actual Speakers/ Headphones on the Realtek onboard audio (NOT the Realtek or AMD sound card on your video cards - yeah, you'll have a sound card on the video card that pushes the audio through the HDMI cables if any)

Motherboard has Realtek sound card with auto jack detection - you can plug the speakers or headphones in any jack in the back and sound card should detect what you plugged in and adjust itself.

If for some reason this fails, you can go in Realtek HD audio manager or whatever it's called (the application which comes with sound card drivers) and somewhere inside there should be a way to select the jack and say what's plugged into that jack (to force the sound card to treat a jack as stereo out or headphones or microphone or subwoofer+center speaker etc )

Go into your audio panel and make sure your sound card and speakers and whatnot are enabled or selected.
Also you may have them muted on the monitors themselves although you used headphones which rules that out.
I highly suggest buying a $20 pair of PC speakers at walmart or something that isn't your monitor's built in speakers. I tried using built in speakers once to clean up the clutter of my desk and without a doubt my $10 pair of Logitech junk speakers were better than my monitor's speakers by a long shot.