BIOS Virus?

Yesterday I was on my Microsoft Surface Book (first generation) using Firefox to watch some videos and browse the web when I decided to hop onto Chrome instead, but Chrome wouldn't open so I rebooted my computer.

BTW, do anyone know why Chrome wouldn't open? It's the first time it happened to me.

So, after rebooting, my laptop began doing a firmware update (not Windows update), which is suspicious because the last time Microsoft released a new firmware update for the Surface Book was a week. Could I have gotten a virus in my BIOS? What are some steps I should take to diagnose if I have a problem?

Bios virus wouldn't be my first guess.

Id do a reinstall or backup restore and see if chrome opens then, its probably a software error.

I think bios updates are done with windows update for surface devices, I don't think an update a week later is that weird.

What? I don't think it's even possible to infect modern BIOS with something behaving like a virus. It was just an update.

Anyway, if Chrome doesn't want to open, just reinstall it and you should be fine.

A girl who loves to love.