Connect TV, peripherals to PC in another room

Hello, I want to purchase a new PC wich will be running 24/7 as some sort of server, running Windows 10. If I want to do something on this desktop, I will connect to it trough Teamviewer, Remote Desktop Connection. But I also want to use my TV as a screen sometimes to watch a movie or something. My question is now, how do I connect that pc (trough ethernet?) with the TV in another room, and use a keyboard and mouse (wireless?) ?

(I hope this is the right topic for this question?)

Teamviewer requires a very stable home network. Both PCs should be on wired Gigabit, if not dual-gigabit. 

That being said, under the right network conditions, Teamviewer is almost unnoticeable as a remote connection. 

Just get a small PC for your TV (Intel NUC, Gigabyte Brix, Dell Micro or similar would do perfectly) and run Ethernet to your server closet, Teamviewer on both ends , Keyboard+mouse connect to the NUC and you're good to go. 

For media, I recommend setting up a drive on the server as network storage and streaming it via VLC. Netflix/Youtube etc, run it on the NUC itself, not the host PC. 
For gaming, use the Steam In-Home streaming option as it provides much lower latency and better HDR content. Steam in-home has saved my butt several times during heatwaves. Only my bedroom is airconditioned and the room my PC is in can get VERY hot in the summer. Just ran ethernet across the house to a laptop in the bedroom and I play remotely. 

As for just HDMI over ethernet (which I wonder if your orignal question was), they make adapters but you can't send it through a network switch, they just act as an extension for the HDMI signal to pass over. It doesn't follow any sort of Ethernet protocol, I doubt an activity light would even show up on a router if this was plugged into it lol. So if you decide to use your in-home Ethernet to power this project, just remember that you're likely going to need to splice on extra to wherever it comes out to send it to the HDMI port on your server PC, and you're also going to need to get a pretty good wireless mouse/kb combo with range rated 2x as far as you need for every wall between you and your PC. 
Image result for hdmi to ethernet

Utilizing both at once would be an interesting feat, HDMI over the ethernet for best possible display quality, while using a PC with teamviewer JUST for passing over keyboard/mouse. 

My rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3.6Ghz, OC'ed to 4.2Ghz all core @ 1.25v + Corsair H60 120mm AIO

MB: Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro WiFi

RAM: Kingston Fury Beast RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3600mhz CL16 (1-to-1 Infinity Fabric enabled)

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super

*bought for $200 CAD off a friend who needed an RTX 3080, price was my reward.

CASE: InWinn A1 Plus in White with included 600w gold sfx PSU and included custom length cables

DISPLAY: 3x 20" AOC 1080p 60hz 4ms ,  32" RCA 1080p/60hz TV mounted above, all on a single arm.

Storage: C : 1TB WD Blue NVMe      D : 2TB Barracuda      E: 240GB Kingston V300 (scratch drive)

NAS: 240GB Kingston A400 + 6x 10+ year old 700GB Barracuda drives in my old FX8350+8GB DDR3 system

Logitech G15 1st Gen + Logitech G602 Wireless

Steam Controller +  Elite Series 2 controller + Logitech G29 Racing Wheel + Wingman Extreme Digital 3D Flight Stick

Sennheiser HD 4.40 Headphones + Pixel Buds 2 + Logitech Z213 2.1 Speakers

My Girlfriends Weeb-Ass Rig:

Razer Blade Pro 17 2020

10th Gen i7 10875H 8c/16t @5.1ghz 

17.3" 1080p 300Hz 100% sRGB, factory calibrated, 6mm bezel

RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB

512GB generic NVMe

16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz

Wireless-AX201 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax), Bluetooth® 5.1, 2.5Gbit Ethernet

70.5 Whr Battery

Razer Huntsman Quartz, Razer Balistic Quartz, Razer Kraken Quartz Kitty Heaphones

*deep breath*

Razer Raptor 27" monitor, IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

@Chronified

Yeah my plan is to have some sort of server/desktop running windows 10 and perhaps sometimes if I want to watch netflix or a movie I 'downloaded' I can do this on that desktop and then somehow stream it to that TV, what is the best option for this?

The reason I mentioned Ethernet is because I see a lot of options that use WiFi but I don't think that WiFi will stream a high quality movie to the TV without lagging, ...

2 hours ago, _BatLine_ said:

But I also want to use my TV as a screen sometimes to watch a movie or something

I suggest a Plex server. Depending on your content, it shouldn't take a hefty machine to do it. Plus this solution will work on WiFi as well, well you want the server wired in, but the TV could use WiFI. I use Plex on my network with Live TV and content have own. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I run my USB 2.0 extensions (so the wireless dongle is only exposed in the room I want that keyboard/mouse combo utilized in) in the crawl space alongside my cat6 gigabit home network cables and have HDMI cables run as well.  It takes time to do it right, or you can do wireless - I intentionally try to stay with hard line connections.  Chromecast dongles, Steam network thing and stuff is nice but in the end I like hardline for everything but peripherals

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Just now, Tristerin said:

I run my USB 2.0 extensions (so the wireless dongle is only exposed in the room I want that keyboard/mouse combo utilized in) in the crawl space alongside my cat6 gigabit home network cables and have HDMI cables run as well.  It takes time to do it right, or you can do wireless - I intentionally try to stay with hard line connections.  Chromecast dongles, Steam network thing and stuff is nice but in the end I like hardline for everything but peripherals

I read this and thought it was first post in thread for some reason.?

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

6 hours ago, _BatLine_ said:

@Chronified

Yeah my plan is to have some sort of server/desktop running windows 10 and perhaps sometimes if I want to watch netflix or a movie I 'downloaded' I can do this on that desktop and then somehow stream it to that TV, what is the best option for this?

The reason I mentioned Ethernet is because I see a lot of options that use WiFi but I don't think that WiFi will stream a high quality movie to the TV without lagging, ...

Best option would be to set up a Plex server. But that can be combersome

VLC has built in media streaming across a network and it's VERY easy to set up, only downfall is the UI, although it is foolproof. 

https://www.softwarert.com/stream-music-movies-local-network-vlc-player/

For this you can just use Teamviewer and run Ethernet for the rest of your uses. You could even get away with WiFi if you set up the Caching on VLC to 1500-2000ms since it'll keep up with the stream if your wifi is busy. 

My rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3.6Ghz, OC'ed to 4.2Ghz all core @ 1.25v + Corsair H60 120mm AIO

RAM: Kingston Fury Beast RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3600mhz CL16 (1-to-1 Infinity Fabric enabled)

CASE: InWinn A1 Plus in White with included 600w gold sfx PSU and included custom length cables

DISPLAY: 3x 20" AOC 1080p 60hz 4ms ,  32" RCA 1080p/60hz TV mounted above, all on a single arm.

Storage: C : 1TB WD Blue NVMe      D : 2TB Barracuda      E: 240GB Kingston V300 (scratch drive)

NAS: 240GB Kingston A400 + 6x 10+ year old 700GB Barracuda drives in my old FX8350+8GB DDR3 system

Steam Controller +  Elite Series 2 controller + Logitech G29 Racing Wheel + Wingman Extreme Digital 3D Flight Stick

Razer Blade Pro 17 2020

RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB

512GB generic NVMe

70.5 Whr Battery

Razer Huntsman Quartz, Razer Balistic Quartz, Razer Kraken Quartz Kitty Heaphones

*deep breath*

13 hours ago, Chronified said:

Best option would be to set up a Plex server. But that can be combersome

VLC has built in media streaming across a network and it's VERY easy to set up, only downfall is the UI, although it is foolproof. 

https://www.softwarert.com/stream-music-movies-local-network-vlc-player/

For this you can just use Teamviewer and run Ethernet for the rest of your uses. You could even get away with WiFi if you set up the Caching on VLC to 1500-2000ms since it'll keep up with the stream if your wifi is busy. 

I think I found the solution and I think the best option for me right now is the NVIDIA Shield TV?

It has Plex, Netflix, Youtube, Google,... and with gamestreaming I can control the server too.

9 hours ago, _BatLine_ said:

I think I found the solution and I think the best option for me right now is the NVIDIA Shield TV?

It has Plex, Netflix, Youtube, Google,... and with gamestreaming I can control the server too.

The Nvidia Sheild TV is great but it lacks remote connect, but since it does everything you need it to I don't see why not. 

Just MAKE SURE YOU USE ETHERNET. The Sheild TV doesn't have AC and either artificats, or causes input lag, if you try to push 1080p content through it via steam on wifi. 

My rig:

Razer Blade Pro 17 2020

RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB

512GB generic NVMe

70.5 Whr Battery

*deep breath*