Microsoft buys Gears of War from Epic Games

exyia

http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/games-microsoft-studios-gears-of-war

Today we're excited to announce that Microsoft Studios has acquired the rights to the “Gears of War” franchise from Epic Games, including rights to all existing and future games, entertainment experiences and merchandise. In addition, we are excited to announce that Black Tusk Studios in Vancouver, BC will take over development of the “Gears of War” franchise and that Rod Fergusson, former Director of Production at Epic Games on the “Gears of War” franchise, will join Microsoft and play a key studio leadership role at Black Tusk on the development of the franchise going forward. We had a chance to chat with Phil Spencer, Head of Microsoft Studios, Hanno Lemke, General Manager of Black Tusk Studios at Microsoft Studios, and Rod Fergusson about the big news.

not sure what to think....though I'm leaning towards MS realizing that their lineup for the XB1 is pretty terrible. Forza is/always will be pretty niche, Ryse was a flop, and Dead Rising seems....ok

fyi, for those that don't know - Cliffy B. left Epic Games a long time ago, so either Epic didn't care enough to keep it or MS REALLY wanted it (I think both)

http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/games-microsoft-studios-gears-of-war

not sure what to think....though I'm leaning towards MS realizing that their lineup for the XB1 is pretty terrible. Forza is/always will be pretty niche, Ryse was a flop, and Dead Rising seems....ok

fyi, for those that don't know - Cliffy B. left Epic Games a long time ago, so either Epic didn't care enough to keep it or MS REALLY wanted it (I think both)

Gears judgment was aweful hopefully they make a new gears and they fix all the lag issues and etc..

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

Oh god, another Gears game that will be severely lacking and won't be available for pc...so....hyped...

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

Well looks like its probably R.I.P Gears of War when EPIC Games had the rights and made the games it was much better 

Thank you for contributing to the Tech News and Reviews section of the forum.

Sadly I will have to lock this topic as it is a re-post.

Next time please use the search function before you make a post to avoid this in the future.

Personally I also sort the topic by Start Date and manual search a few pages back just to double check.

Additionally you cal also use Google to search the forum by searching "linustechtips.com" (including quotation marks) plus your own search words.

Here you will find the original forum post about this topic:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/107650-microsoft-owns-gears-of-war-now/?hl=microsoft

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<