Microsoft owns Gears of war now.

EvilLemur

So Microsoft has acquired gears of war an xbox exclusive title and amazing game. 

“Epic Games has reached an agreement to sell the ‘Gears of War’ intellectual property rights to Microsoft.  We’re very proud of the franchise we built in close partnership with Microsoft over the past decade and are happy that this agreement enables Microsoft to forge ahead with the ‘Gears’ universe on their industry-leading platforms as Epic concentrates its efforts on new projects,” said Epic founder and CEO Tim Sweeney. “Epic remains totally dedicated to supporting Xbox One and is licensing the Unreal Engine 4 technology to Microsoft in support of their future projects.”

what do you think microsoft will do? make it amazing or kill it like halo? 

http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/games-microsoft-studios-gears-of-war

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

So Microsoft has acquired gears of war an xbox exclusive title and amazing game. 

what do you think microsoft will do? make it amazing or kill it like halo? 

http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/games-microsoft-studios-gears-of-war

they pretty much did anyway the 360 woulda had 256 Meg's of ram but gear of war came along

Meh. Personally I've always found Gears of War to be a dull and incredibly linear game.

Also, they haven't killed Halo. The franchise has been going downhill a little over the years, but they're still trying to make good games for the most part. Halo 4, in spite of its flaws, had an absolutely fantastic story line and handled the complexity of the situation faced by the Chief and Cortana in a brilliantly mature way. :)

they pretty much did anyway the 360 woulda had 256 Meg's of ram but gear of war came along

The Xbox 360 did have essentially 256MB of RAM. It had 512MB unified, shared between system and GPU. Most of the time that meant an even split of 256/256.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Gears of Halo Thef Auto time

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

This is why I really hate Microsoft. 

The Gears franchise was amazing ( except for 2 ) and I was really hoping sony users would finally be able enjoy it. Unfortunately, because the game is insanely difficult to get into ( with respect to multiplayer ) , the player base continues to be quite small and within that community none are very accepting of newer players. 

Gears is bar none the most skillful multiplayer game ever made. 

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

They probably did a 10 year contract, after that, Epic can go prance around naked and play with it's willie in Sony's office, and Microsoft can't do anything around it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

They probably did a 10 year contract, after that, Epic can go prance around naked and play with it's willie in Sony's office, and Microsoft can't do anything around it.

No, Microsoft BOUGHT the franchise from Epic. There is no contract, MS owns it outright.

No, Microsoft BOUGHT the franchise from Epic. There is no contract, MS owns it outright.

Oh. Well, at least we know Gears of War will push the XBone to the limits! :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Gears is pretty tapped out by now. 

In the event of a reboot or a spin-off, Micro$oft needs to bring it to PC.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Saddest part is that judgment was a really shitty game.... hopefully they can return to the old combat style of the previous gears games and make this one a lot better really looking forward to seeing what is going to happen

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

Microsoft likely realized their game lineup for the xbone was rather cruddy, so they need a new gears game. Too bad a really good (read: unrushed) halo game would be a much better idea.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Microsoft likely realized their game lineup for the xbone was rather cruddy, so they need a new gears game. Too bad a really good (read: unrushed) halo game would be a much better idea.

I like the launch lineup for the Xbox One. I've been playing BF4, Ryse, and FM5 for awhile. I've been wanting to play DR3, but I haven't got it yet. The lineup for the PS4 launch was much worse, IMO. Knack and Killzone aren't really enough to justify the purchase yet. Infamous Second Son is where I would justify buying a PS4. 

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

BTW, if anyone has played the PC version of Gears, it's pretty sweet. 

In the hardest difficulty, you can pull off headshots all day long with the laser rifle. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5