Used 600€ Laptop Or Gtx 1080 And R5 3600

Vod

Hello!

I was wondering which one was the better option, a used 600€ laptop with an gtx 1060 and an 8th gen i5 or an used gtx 1080 8gb and ryzen 5 3600 (when it comes out) (both will cost will cost around 500€).
I have a brother and we both play games, but I have only one pc (some specs : Rx 580 4gb, 16gb ddr4 3000mhz, ryzen 5 2400g)
We play games like bf5, Destiny 2 and other graphicly demanding titles.

I was also thinking of getting an 144hz monitor in the future.

And if I were to get the laptop, how long will it last us (until we can't run games over 60fps)

Honestly this shouldn't even be a question, go for the Ryzen 5 3600 and 1080 8GB all the way, not only will it be better than the laptop now it will last significantly longer and you can't upgrade the laptop in the future. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

2 minutes ago, Vod said:

Hello!

I was wondering which one was the better option, a used 600€ laptop with an gtx 1060 and an 8th gen i5 or an used gtx 1080 8gb and ryzen 5 3600 (when it comes out) (both will cost will cost around 500€).
I have a brother and we both play games, but I have only one pc (some specs : Rx 580 4gb, 16gb ddr4 3000mhz, ryzen 5 2400g)
We play games like bf5, Destiny 2 and other graphicly demanding titles.

I was also thinking of getting an 144hz monitor in the future.

And if I were to get the laptop, how long will it last us (until we can't run games over 60fps)

Unless you really, absolutely, need the portability of the laptop then I would say it's an easy choice - the 1080 and the 3600.

Get the desktop.

I would skip gaming laptops unless you really need them. Ultrabook if you are getting one.

What board are you currently using?

5 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Get the desktop.

I would skip gaming laptops unless you really need them. Ultrabook if you are getting one.

What board are you currently using?

B450M HDV (Don't judge me)

Only get a laptop if you absolutely need the portability. Otherwise, go with the desktop.

There's literally no point to a laptop that's just sitting at a desk, never moving, always plugged in... It just cost more than an equivalent desktop and can't be fixed as easily if anything breaks down, not to mention it cannot really be upgraded (other than RAM and storage... but even that isn't an option in some laptop these days)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

59 minutes ago, Vod said:

B450M HDV (Don't judge me)

Would work okay with the 3600. Just dont do any overclocking and stick to aircoolers. 

Would suggest picking up a tomahawk board if you have the option to.