Pen Identification

DezGalbie

Is anyone out there, like me, quite particular about the make and model of pens which they use?

I need some help identifying a particular pen so that I can buy more. I found this pen so I don't know where it was bought or who made it. There is no obvious branding on the pen, just the words "roller tip pen" and "liquid ink".

Can anyone help?

Pen2.jpg

Pen1.jpg

32 minutes ago, DezGalbie said:

I need some help identifying a particular pen 

Pen2.jpg

Yep, that's a pen. No question about it!

That's mostly likely just a rebranded pen style, as you can find similar ones from different palces

https://www.dhgate.com/product/wholesale-classic-roller-tip-pen-wholesale/392745720.html

Image result for roller tip liquid ink

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

29 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Yep, that's a pen. No question about it!

That's mostly likely just a rebranded pen style, as you can find similar ones from different palces

https://www.dhgate.com/product/wholesale-classic-roller-tip-pen-wholesale/392745720.html

Image result for roller tip liquid ink

Yeah, there will be lots of similar ones out there available from lots of places but, ironically, not through the link you provided. Lol. Apparently those are out of stock. And they're described as glitter ink. I don't think my fragile masculinity could handle glitter ink. Probably not suitable for professional use either.

But does anyone know where I can find more of the same kind I have in my pictures though (not just similar)?

Judging by the collector grip, you probably want something like the Uni-Ball Vision Elite. Rollerballs write so much better than ballpoints mostly because of the ink they use; ballpoints use thicker oil-based inks, while rollerballs (and gel pens) typically use thinner water-based inks, the same sort of ink fountain pens use.

I, too, am quite particular about my writing instruments.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

looks like mitsubishi uniball or its chinese knock offs

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

On 6/29/2019 at 10:08 AM, Faisal A said:

@DezGalbie I used to be able to buy those at my local pound shop

Was it like a chain pound shop which might have a branch local to me?

11 hours ago, Faisal A said:

@DezGalbie It was from Pound World which has now gone bancrupt

A tragedy for Ashens fans everywhere.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

Looks like cheap China rebranded crap.

The good part about that is you can probably find the same pen but with slightly different branding at almost any store.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Looks like cheap China rebranded crap.

The good part about that is you can probably find the same pen but with slightly different branding at almost any store.

I'm sure it is cheap and from China. But obviously I don't think it's crap or I wouldn't bother with the effort of trying to find more.

The problem is, with different branding/design, how do I know that any similar pen is the same inside? There will be other pens with different branding which are the same internally most likely, yeah, but there will also be just as many pens which are similar externally and different internally.

That's why I ask about this * exact * pen. Not just similar.

Without a lead on the exact pen my only option is to buy a shitload of similar pens and test them all, which is pretty expensive, time-consuming, wasteful, and not even guaranteed to be successful.

I was hoping I could find a stock of cheap pens which are actually surprisingly pretty nice to write with but I guess I'll have to give up on that dream and just pay through the nose for good branded pens. By the time I buy a load of random cheap similar pens and test them it will have been easier and cheaper to just buy the more expensive pens in the first place.