Nvidia Titan RTX ramping up fans

Hello forum,

I recently build my dad a new 3d rendering workstation, this included a Titan RTX, since he needs lots of VRAM and a 9900K.

Over the past couple weeks, the Titan RTX has a weird isssue, while rendering, it ramps up its fans to the max for a few seconds, then goes back to normal again.

I checked MSI afterburner, and it showed that the fan speed is 64% at all times, the temperature is quiet high, at 85 degrees celsius.

So far I have tried multiple things to cool the thing down, including pointing a nocuta fan straight at it or removing air filtrers, nothing worked.

Do you guys have any idea how I can solve this issue?

Greetings,

Thunderdoge

4 minutes ago, Thunderdoge said:

Hello forum,

I recently build my dad a new 3d rendering workstation, this included a Titan RTX, since he needs lots of VRAM and a 9900K.

Over the past couple weeks, the Titan RTX has a weird isssue, while rendering, it ramps up its fans to the max for a few seconds, then goes back to normal again.

I checked MSI afterburner, and it showed that the fan speed is 64% at all times, the temperature is quiet high, at 85 degrees celsius.

So far I have tried multiple things to cool the thing down, including pointing a nocuta fan straight at it or removing air filtrers, nothing worked.

Do you guys have any idea how I can solve this issue?

Greetings,

Thunderdoge

Have you tried changing the thermal paste? That could help.

I lurk 

HP Spectre x360 13t late 2019
Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

Are you using default fan curve? Try setting manual curve if you haven't yet. Also do as @Boinbo suggested and replace stock thermal paste. Here is a nice guide on how to remove the cooler.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

1 minute ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Are you using default fan curve? Try setting manual curve if you haven't yet. Also do as @Boinbo suggested and replace stock thermal paste. Here is a nice guide on how to remove the cooler.

Yes, I did try to use another fan curve, and the temps get down a bit, but the fans are still ramping up...

Also, I am not really sure I am comfortable getting the cooler off the €2500 card. I have not much to none experience doing so...

Just now, Thunderdoge said:

Yes, I did try to use another fan curve, and the temps get down a bit, but the fans are still ramping up...

Also, I am not really sure I am comfortable getting the cooler off the €2500 card. I have not much to none experience doing so...

That is why he linked the video above. If it doesn't help, find another guide, or, heck, just ask around here. I'm sure someone or something will help you with that eventually.

I lurk 

Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

Just now, Boinbo said:

That is why he linked the video above. If it doesn't help, find another guide, or, heck, just ask around here. I'm sure someone or something will help you with that eventually.

I am just not sure it is a thermal related issue, of course it is to some extend, but the card does not hit its temp limit, so why keeps it ramping up its fans for a few seconds?

I am just not sure it is a thermal related issue, of course it is to some extend, but the card does not hit its temp limit, so why keeps it ramping up its fans for a few seconds?

I mean, could incorrectly installed drivers be the issue? If so, run DDU safe mode to delete them, and get new ones.

I lurk 

Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

2 minutes ago, Boinbo said:

I mean, could incorrectly installed drivers be the issue? If so, run DDU safe mode to delete them, and get new ones.

Already tried that, I even installed the "professional" driver from nvidia, assuming it would be more optimized to run at a sustained load. 

Already tried that, I even installed the "professional" driver from nvidia, assuming it would be more optimized to run at a sustained load. 

That's odd then, not sure what could be wrong.

I lurk 

Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3