TFC-T10 cable with RG6?

mmyron

I recently had Verizon internet installed at my house, however, the speeds are terrible. The router was placed in the basement, so now every device in our house gets speeds nearly 10 times slower than what we pay for, and 5Ghz is completely non-existent. I discovered that Verizon was using an RG6 cable to my router, and was wondering if it was anything like a TFC-T10 cable that is already installed in my home. If the speeds possible are anything like an RG6 cable, could I link them together and hook up my router in my own bedroom so I could run an ethernet cable to my computer to get the speeds I'm paying for?

What are the speeds possible of a TFC-T10 cable? Are they equivalent to Gigabit speeds?

Is it possible to connect the RG6 cable supplied by Verizon and connect it to the TFC-T10 cables that run through my home?

22 minutes ago, mmyron said:

I recently had Verizon internet installed at my house, however, the speeds are terrible. The router was placed in the basement, so now every device in our house gets speeds nearly 10 times slower than what we pay for, and 5Ghz is completely non-existent. I discovered that Verizon was using an RG6 cable to my router, and was wondering if it was anything like a TFC-T10 cable that is already installed in my home. If the speeds possible are anything like an RG6 cable, could I link them together and hook up my router in my own bedroom so I could run an ethernet cable to my computer to get the speeds I'm paying for?

What are the speeds possible of a TFC-T10 cable? Are they equivalent to Gigabit speeds?

Is it possible to connect the RG6 cable supplied by Verizon and connect it to the TFC-T10 cables that run through my home?

You'd be better off using a coupler to run the coax cable to your bedroom, moving the router there and running ethernet off of that. Use an F type coupler to join the one in your basement to the one in your bedroom, then move the router. 

(All of you "RG-59 to RG-6 won't work" people get off my back it will work fine.) 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

1 hour ago, mmyron said:

You should be able to move the router as long as you have coax at the new location. Just use a barrel connector to connect the current coax from the ONT to the coax running to the new room. 

57 minutes ago, BrinkGG said:

(All of you "RG-59 to RG-6 won't work" people get off my back it will work fine.) 

Ill second that, I have RG59 from the outside going in to my basement. A new run of RG6 from the basement to the attic. And probably more RG59 from the attic to my room. I use this cable for internet and it works. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I would verify that they are using the Coax from the ONT. It seems really odd that they would use coax unless you have TV. Usually the newer ONTs they use ethernet cable from the ONT with Coax just feeding the TV boxes.

If it is coax though, you can move your router anywhere with coax as long as it attached to the ONT.