Razer Blade Stealth for long term use?

I am looking for a long term ultrabook. I stumbled upon the Razer Blade Stealth which has a great build quality, somewhat good keyboard and quite good specs. It seems too good of a deal to be true, so I really want to know if this thing would be able to work as a normal ultrabook for about 5 years. Please dont reccomend me other ultrabooks, because I am pretty sure I have seen it all. Also the XPS has a plastic/carbon fiber chassis which I am not a fan of, just saying.

Razer is not known for the best build quality in the game,but if you take good care of it.I dont think anything will happen. Also are you afraid that the laptop is not gonna be durable,for example dont survive an accidental drop,or about components failing?

Just now, ManosMax13 said:

Razer is not known for the best build quality in the game,but if you take good care of it.I dont think anything will happen. Also are you afraid that the laptop is not gonna be durable,for example dont survive an accidental drop,or about components failing?

By good build quality I meant that the aluminum chassis is something that I like and soothing that not many laptops have. Also I am definitely looking forward to not dropping any laptop no matter what brand it is. I will be very careful with it. 

1 minute ago, ILoveZed said:

By good build quality I meant that the aluminum chassis is something that I like and soothing that not many laptops have. Also I am definitely looking forward to not dropping any laptop no matter what brand it is. I will be very careful with it. 

Then I dont think a component will fail but I would not swear about it.Also since the razer products are more expensive than the same category competition products they are build better built devices.If you want to check something else tho, Lenovo has some new ultrabooks that are good too. You can take a look at these too!

I have the The Razer Blade 2018 edition and it has been by a very long way my best laptop. For very long term and as a primary driver, I would recommend looking to get the maximum amount of storage space though. Blades don't come with a whole lot, so you will want to invest in a good external HDD. 

6 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

I have the The Razer Blade 2018 edition and it has been by a very long way my best laptop. For very long term and as a primary driver, I would recommend looking to get the maximum amount of storage space though. Blades don't come with a whole lot, so you will want to invest in a good external HDD. 

If you are using it like a normal laptop for videos, writing documents and all that stuff how many hours of battery life can you pull out. I have heard it's about 5 to 6 hours and considering I will be on the go with it most of the time this is not a great option for me.

Just now, ILoveZed said:

If you are using it like a normal laptop for videos, writing documents and all that stuff how many hours of battery life can you pull out. I have heard it's about 5 to 6 hours and considering I will be on the go with it most of the time this is not a great option for me.

As time passes the battery will get worse...

Razer and longevity don't come together

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

21 hours ago, ILoveZed said:

Yeah, about 5 to 6 hours when just using word, etc, but that is the full blade, which is designed to fulfil a different role to the Stealth. I've heard they can get around 8 hours, but as i haven't got one to test myself, don't take my word as gospel.