ACXvs Direct CU II

Onidi

A fiend of mine is getting a new graphics card he has up to 800$ budged and a ( 4770k with a maximus VI formula in his system )

I suggested him to get the 780 ti and he agreed but he is not sure which one to get ACX or Direct Cu II ( I have ACX )

So which one is better at temps, noise and which one should he buy as for me I didn't have problems with my 780 ti it runs like a beast, 79 degrees max and very very quiet

DCUII

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

The ACX is better but it costs a premium. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

ACX

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

The ACX is better but it costs a premium. 

In amazon it is cheaper  :mellow:

In amazon it is cheaper  :mellow:

Than go for it! I'm sure that the ACX cooler is quieter and cooler, and if it costs less than your getting awesome value.

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Dcu2. Looks better imo and performance is kinda the same.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Than go for it! I'm sure that the ACX cooler is quieter and cooler, and if it costs less than your getting awesome value.

Well In my rig I chose acx but he is not sure

Get the ACX card, EVGA is usually better than other manufacturers in terms of warranty.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

whichever one looks the coolest, cause the performance difference is not noticable at all.

[CPU: 4670k] [CPU Cooler: Antec Kühler 1220] [Case: Obsidian 350D] [Mobo: Maximus VI Gene] [RAM: Vengeance Pro 8GB] [GPU: 770 DirectCU II] [PSU: CX750M

[Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB] [Screen: Dell U2312HM 23" E-IPS] [Keyboard: Steelseries Apex RAW]

Well In my rig I chose acx but he is not sure

I would definitely choose the ACX 780Ti as it cools better and is quieter from what I have heard, plus if it's cheaper than that's another $10 or $20 in your pocket. 

Get the ACX card, EVGA is usually better than other manufacturers in terms of warranty.

i've herd the evga has a good warranty, but i've also heard that it sucks balls and is almost unusable.

The ACX cooler is made from plastic where as the DC2 is made of metal only. If he has a budget of 800$ he's better off getting one 780 and saving up for a 2nd 780. So far the quietest 780 is the DC2.

The ACX cooler is made from plastic where as the DC2 is made of metal only. If he has a budget of 800$ he's better off getting one 780 and saving up for a 2nd 780. So far the quietest 780 is the DC2.

Please don't spread such things around as fact. Every cooler has plastic and metal.

Please don't spread such things around as fact. Every cooler has plastic and metal.

I'm having it about the fan shroud obviously or didn't you even catch that up? DC2 shrouds were always been made of metal.

"Featuring a metal shroud and an advanced heatsink and dual fan assembly the GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II is a prime candidate" taken from http://pcdiy.asus.com/2013/12/asus-gtx-780-ti-directcu-ii-preview/

Can't find it now but someone posted a bunch of gpu cooler noise samples. It was quite interesting, the DC2 had the best noise profile.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I'm having it about the fan shroud obviously or didn't you even catch that up? DC2 shrouds were always been made of metal.

"Featuring a metal shroud and an advanced heatsink and dual fan assembly the GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II is a prime candidate" taken from http://pcdiy.asus.com/2013/12/asus-gtx-780-ti-directcu-ii-preview/

Which ones other than 780? I did a quick google search and these were from page 1. There are plenty of 770/760/owners who have mentioned plastic shrouds on forums.

While it's more modestly sized, the GTX 670's DirectCU II's (and all DirectCU II variants) has a similar look. The heatsink spans over the majority of the card with heatpipes intersecting the main body at various points. Airflow is provided by two fans surrounded by a plastic shroud that directs air toward the GPU and board components rather than escaping out the sides.

The front of the ASUS 7870 DirectCU II TOP features a matte black plastic cover that serves to house the 2 fans and cover the heatsink. Although it is thin and light weight, it feels extremely durable and does not have any issue handling pressure in our experience.

The GTX 680 DirectCu II TOP cuts an imposing figure with a large heatsink and black plastic shroud but it isn’t anything near as large as some previous DirectCu II versions. 

The front of the ASUS Radeon HD 7850 DirectCU II features a matte black plastic cover that serves to house the fan and cover the heatsink. The design felt solid and similar to all other DirectCU II cards that we have evaluated.

ASUS GTX 760 DC2 sports a steel shroud -> http://castingnb.com/asus-gtx760-dc2oc-2gd5-review/
We went to take off the metal fan shroud on the ASUS ENGTX560 -> http://www.legitreviews.com/asus-geforce-engtx560-ti-directcu-ii-video-card-review_1540

Instead of a plastic shroud this one is all metal. http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2011/02/04/preview-asus-geforce-gtx-580-directcu-ii/1

The front of the ASUS 7870 DirectCU II TOP features a matte black plastic cover that serves to house the 2 fans and cover the heatsink. Although it is thin and light weight, it feels extremely durable and does not have any issue handling pressure in our experience.

From the same reviewer (Hardocp) with the exact same 3slot cooler: "The entire cooling solution is enclosed in a sturdy metal shroud" -> http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/03/11/asus_hd_7970_directcu_ii_video_card_review/#.UucCNRDb-Uk

When you type direct Cu II you can't capitalize the u because then it goes from being copper to carbon uranium II cooler and an ion can't be multivalent so the II doesn't make sense. And I doubt that asus uses exclusively copper II for their coolers. This post may seen anal but IUPAC disagrees and standard nomenclature is important.

When you type direct Cu II you can't capitalize the u because then it goes from being copper to carbon uranium II cooler and an ion can't be multivalent so the II doesn't make sense. And I doubt that asus uses exclusively copper II for their coolers. This post may seen anal but IUPAC disagrees and standard nomenclature is important.

This is gold!

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White