H100i - which fans to buy?

Hey guys,

I plan to buy a Corsair H100i and I'd like to know which fans you tried on it and which ones you can recommend.

I've already googled for the following fans but every site says something else and that's really confusing.

NoiseBlocker eLoop

Noctua Nf-F12

Corsair SP-120

Scythe Gentle Typhoon

I'm going to install the fans in a pull config in my Corsair 600t case, if you need to know this. Important for me would be good temps and a low noise level.

Thanks already and regards from Germany! :)

3570K @4.1GHz on a Gigabyte Z77X-D3H with 8GB of Corsair XMS3 overclocked to 2000MHz CL11 with a GTX 770 all inside a Corsair 600t case.

if low noise is important, no corsair sp-120's

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I have Scythe GTs on mine, super quiet and good airflow.

Spoiler

I thought the Sp120 were quiet.. idk

[CPU: 4670k] [CPU Cooler: Antec Kühler 1220] [Case: Obsidian 350D] [Mobo: Maximus VI Gene] [RAM: Vengeance Pro 8GB] [GPU: 770 DirectCU II] [PSU: CX750M

[Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB] [Screen: Dell U2312HM 23" E-IPS] [Keyboard: Steelseries Apex RAW]

Noctua NF-F12, Cougar Vortex, Silverstone AP123, and Noiseblocker eLoop are some of the best quiet fans out there.

The performance difference is negligible, so get which one matches your build the best.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

NF-F12 or GTs (if looks do at least matter a bit ;))

Edit: or NB pl2's. I have a set if them on my h100. They are quiet, look good and my temps are quite nice. Also theyr cheap.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Scythe GT have been the standard for modders for years for a reason, they are without a doubt some of the best fans available. eLoops are great as well and look fantastic, very different.

NF-F12s and put on the unltra low noise adapter (ULNA) ultra quiet with great performance :-D

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 (Corsair H60 with a Noctua NF-F12 Fan) - Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3 (rev. 1.4) - RAM:  4 GB kingston, and 8 GB kingston hyperx blu @ 1333 MHz - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660ti OC edition SSD: 256 GB Plextor MP5-Pro - Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DGX - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363d - Case: Cooler Master elite 430 black -  Cooled by 2 Noctua NF-S12A Fans      Peripherals:ACER B243PWLAymdr IPS Panel - 1920*1200 - ACER S222HQL LCD Panel - 1920*1080 - Corsair M45 on a XFX Warpad - Typing on a Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Brown - Green LED - Racing with my Logitech G27 Racing wheel - other games Logitech F710

Hey guys,

I plan to buy a Corsair H100i and I'd like to know which fans you tried on it and which ones you can recommend.

I've already googled for the following fans but every site says something else and that's really confusing.

NoiseBlocker eLoop

Noctua Nf-F12

Corsair SP-120

Scythe Gentle Typhoon

I'm going to install the fans in a pull config in my Corsair 600t case, if you need to know this. Important for me would be good temps and a low noise level.

Thanks already and regards from Germany! :)

you are working at a disadvantage already with the 600t as the fans are located

under the roof panel automatically creating louder noise level over fans placed

inside the chassis under the radiator.

not owning a 600t, but using a H100i with the fans in pull on my arc midi (no filter)

i came to this conclusion for noise evaluation:

NoiseBlocker eLoop: used multi frame because ELoop can not be used for pull.

M12-3 (1800rpm) were pretty quite @12v and moved a decent amount of air for cooling.

BSP PL-PS @100% were louder and moved more air. both fans are expensive and

under-volt pretty good.

Noctua Nf-F12: fantastic balance in speed and noise-level. but @12v were louder than

NB PL-PS and no flow difference for temperatures. again can be expensive.

Corsair SP-120: using the SPQE PWM fans are quieter than the NB PL-PS and NF-F12

@12v but are also a bit weaker in air-flow with 6° warmer temps.

Scythe Gentle Typhoon: tbh, prolly the best balanced fan in noise and temps, but can

tend to click when under-volted. seeing that they are no longer being manufactured

could be an issue depending on purchase location.

hope this helps.