Noctua Fans

tezza192

My rig doesn't match in the first place, and I'd gladly have fans that look like ass but perform really well.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

My rig doesn't match in the first place, and I'd gladly have fans that look like ass but perform really well.

Even if there would be black ones i'd still get The other ones, just because they Are different. And i like The colorscheme.

*double bro-fist*

*double bro-fist*

*return bro-fist*

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

*return bro-fist*

*A rainbow of noctua colors shoots out* :P

*A rainbow of noctua colors shoots out* :P

*Tan, lighter tan, lighter tan, brown, darker brown, darker brown, and most importantly, darker tan*

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

*Tan, lighter tan, lighter tan, brown, darker brown, darker brown, and most importantly, darker tan*

Lol, yep thats exactly what I imagined. :P

I would really like to compare a Noctua to my bequiet and one of the Aerocool DS which i ordered today, but i just don't want to shove my money up their arses! :P At that point i normally start dreaming about how cool it would be to be an intern at LTT Media Group and just be at their house and 'play' with all the stuff they have laying around.  :rolleyes:

who cares...

I would really like to compare a Noctua to my bequiet and one of the Aerocool DS which i ordered today, but i just don't want to shove my money up their arses! :P At that point i normally start dreaming about how cool it would be to be an intern at LTT Media Group and just be at their house and 'play' with all the stuff they have laying around.  :rolleyes:

I wonder how much play time you would really have.

In my dream i do have time!! :P Never gonna happen anyways xD

who cares...

Or sleep.

linus-meme-4.jpg

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

All of the above assuming that Noctuas are the best fans on the market  ;)

Which I don't think they are.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

All of the above assuming that Noctuas are the best fans on the market  ;)

Damn near the best.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

All of the above assuming that Noctuas are the best fans on the market ;)

I dont assume, all of this is from my personal experiences.

Damn near the best.

Agreed, I think the best is subjective to your build.

Noctua will be coming out with black versions of their fans in Q1 2014.

Not "black versions of their fans", completely new, black, fans. These new fans are high RPM and will not be close to silence performance of current Noctua fans.

Anywho.

I use Be Quiet! fans when a build I'm working on would be messed up by brown. They are slightly better in silence but slightly worse in performance.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

This is my take on everything. 

I have Noctua A14-FLX's, two of them, as an intake on my Fractal Arc Midi r2. Now, to be blunt, GPU/CPU temps are identical to that of the stock fans (Fractal Silent 140's) and noise levels aren't distinguishably different either. I know the NF-F12's are their newest and best design, so I'm sure in proper applications those fans would greatly surpass others. 

As for appearance, I think its important to note the angle of which people view their PC. To enthusiasts, who keep up with hardware, and know what Noctua fans bring to the table in terms of performance and noise levels, its easy to also enjoy the appearance of them in a build. HOWEVER, I think all of us can say, from a conventional build mentality, they don't REALLY go well with any build. If thats the case, you'd also have people running sabertooth boards with custom tan and brown sleeving (I'm holding my breath till I see that...). They look good BECAUSE of our respect for them and their abilities. NOT because of their color. If you were to see $3 flea market fans in those colors, you'd instantly run away wishing you never saw them. Things like Corsair SP120's DO NOT perform as well. That isn't a secret. But in the opposite light, I have yet to meet one individual that doesnt like the aesthetic affect they add. 

Bottom line, If you're the type of person who cares about performance first, but wants a good looking respectable system, you will choose to run Noctua if you wish. If you're building a "show" oriented build that still performs almost to the same caliber as the prior option, you won't run them as they likely clash with everything else you've got going, and you'll run a compromise (like GT-15's or SP120's) with looks and performance. 

/End rant

• CPU : i7-4770k, Mobo: ASUS Maximus VI Gene, RAM: 16gb G-Skill Sniper 1866, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII, Case: Corsair 350D, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & Seagate 1TB HDD, PSU: Seasonic 860w Platinum, Monitor: ASUS VN-247P, CPU Cooler: Custom Watercooling Loop, Mouse: Steel Series Sensai Raw, Sounds: Vmoda Crossfade LP

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/112285-slightly-smaller-just-as-baller/

I dont assume, all of this is from my personal experiences.

Agreed, I think the best is subjective to your build.

Absolutely, the fans that you use are definitely based on subjective opinion, I am just saying that the OP states that Noctua are the best full stop; which according to both of our opinions on fans being subjective must mean that there is no "best fan" as such, so to conclude; No I would not purchase Noctua fans for my system if they were black, as I prefer other brands and makes. But hey, each to their own.

Absolutely, the fans that you use are definitely based on subjective opinion, I am just saying that the OP states that Noctua are the best full stop; which according to both of our opinions on fans being subjective must mean that there is no "best fan" as such, so to conclude; No I would not purchase Noctua fans for my system if they were black, as I prefer other brands and makes. But hey, each to their own.

How many other brands have as many good fans as noctua? Most have only a line or maybe two out of all the ones they see that I would consider to be as good.

Fhew I was getting lightheadedness over here. Lol

Like I said to some it's worth basing the machine around the scheme and performance around the noctua scheme. For most the fans have to fit the bill around the rest of the conponentsz and to different people that requires different things

• CPU : i7-4770k, Mobo: ASUS Maximus VI Gene, RAM: 16gb G-Skill Sniper 1866, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII, Case: Corsair 350D, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & Seagate 1TB HDD, PSU: Seasonic 860w Platinum, Monitor: ASUS VN-247P, CPU Cooler: Custom Watercooling Loop, Mouse: Steel Series Sensai Raw, Sounds: Vmoda Crossfade LP

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/112285-slightly-smaller-just-as-baller/

How many other brands have as many good fans as noctua? Most have only a line or maybe two out of all the ones they see that I would consider to be as good.

be quiet! and Noiseblocker in my opinion are just as good as, if not better than any of Noctua's fans, but hey, I'm not trying to start argument; just offer my views.

Fhew I was getting lightheadedness over here. Lol

Like I said to some it's worth basing the machine around the scheme and performance around the noctua scheme. For most the fans have to fit the bill around the rest of the conponentsz and to different people that requires different things

Lol :P

Im not really basing it around it but its going to be a black and noctua build. This happened because well theres going to be 15 fans and everything else is black, so the color scheme made it self :P . As for the cables individually sleeved ones are far easier to route and I have a bit of time since my build has already taken so freaking long I thought I might as well do it.

be quiet! and Noiseblocker in my opinion are just as good as, if not better than any of Noctua's fans, but hey, I'm not trying to start argument; just offer my views.

Im also not really as I do agree there are other good fans. I like noiseblocker eloops but thats it their other fans dont seem to be any better than your standard fare. The one thing with the eloops is that their like a inbetween fan as they dont have great pressure but have decent airflow. I have never even see a be quiet fan or really looked at their specs so I cant comment on them. I can however comment on scythe who has a few good lines, thing is though they no longer have US distro so theyre a bit harder for me to get my hands on. Also now they will no longer have two of their best lines.

Lol :P

Im not really basing it around it but its going to be a black and noctua build. This happened because well theres going to be 15 fans and everything else is black, so the color scheme made it self :P . As for the cables individually sleeved ones are far easier to route and I have a bit of time since my build has already taken so freaking long I thought I might as well do it.

In your case, I deffinitely can see the commitment.lol. 15 fans is a ton. In my mATX build I'm doing, I'll have 5 worst case.lol. Also, I already have two major components that have red accents, so its hard not to run with that theme in my case. So I do what I can. Going to try some sp120 quiets as my case intakes and see how gpu temps do to see if they'll be good enough to use. Thats the tallest task for fans in my case. If they don't work, I guess gentle typhoons are next on my list