AMD Ryzen APU : 2400G vs 3400G

Does anyone know how much of an improvement is the 3400 compared to the 2400?

Life is a journey in darkness, and in darkness we seek a light to light our path thru life,

In light we seek the darkness in our lives to shade the misdeeds we do unto those we meet. 

Jerry Lettins (Art teacher.) 

10 minutes ago, JayzSub said:

Does anyone know how much of an improvement is the 3400 compared to the 2400?

I mean...do any of us look like Dr Lisa Su?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

3 minutes ago, Oalei said:

Can I say no as an answer and wait for June 10?

Sure, but can you tell me which b450 itx motherboard is best for an apu build? 

Msi, AsRock, gigabyte? 

Life is a journey in darkness, and in darkness we seek a light to light our path thru life,

In light we seek the darkness in our lives to shade the misdeeds we do unto those we meet. 

Jerry Lettins (Art teacher.) 

Reviews aren't out yet, you'll have to wait. If you have the 2400G, it probably isn't going to be an amazing leap for upgrading, however if you're trying to guage if you should get the 2400 or wait for the 3400, just wait and get the 3400. It was about a 12% improvement from the 1400 > 2400, so I'd guess around the same ballpark. 10-20%

1 minute ago, JayzSub said:

Msi, AsRock, gigabyte? 

Yeeaa thing is that it won't work out of the box with a 3400g.

You need to update the bios first, some shops can do it for you, some do it for free, some don't. It depends.

2400g will work just fine with any b450 boards out there.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

9 minutes ago, JayzSub said:

Msi, AsRock, gigabyte? 

I would say MSI it's pretty good nice vrms like B450m mortar maybe a bit better.

Well it's a 60A power delivery yeah it's too much for 2400g so yeah I say MSI. 

Ryzen 3000 APU is not Zen 2, the core is Ryzen 2000 + a gpu, just like the 2000 APU which in a Zen cpu.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Probably the same improvements as Zen+ had over Zen. IPC for Zen+ over Zen has been talked about at 3% from what I can see, and then you've got a bit higher clocks too. Not a huge difference. We know 3400g is 12nm Zen+, and not Zen2. So it'll likely boost to 4.2ghz.

The Zen2 APU's will be amazing for AMD, so waiting for those next year is worth waiting for. They'll have much better Navi graphics on-board and the IPC improvement will be huge.

• 1 month later...