Is there a M.2 card with 4G AND WiFi?

Xanthe_2871

Hi, I want to upgrade my laptop to have a built in 4G modem. There are cards for this, like this one here, but they take an M.2 slot and my laptop doesn't have one free. It's WiFi card is M.2 though, so if there is a combo card that handles WiFi AND 4G that would be epic. Does anyone know of such a card?

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

To my knowledge wifi and modem have different chipset.

You can have either one but i haven't seen any of both.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

7 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

To my knowledge wifi and modem have different chipset.

The two different chipsets exist because WiFi and LTE use entirely different frequencies. This also means one would need multiple sets of antennas, since you can't share the antenna for both.

AFAIK, there is no such an M.2 card in existence at the moment.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

The easy way is to have which one is your main device and add a usb dongle for the other.

I say have the 4g module in m.2 / mini pcie and a mini wifi dongle like this one.

Image result for micro usb wifi dongle

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w