Gigabyte AD27QD - Worth it compared to competition?

Hi!
This weekend there is a discount on the monitor Gigabyte Aorus AD27QD - leaving the price at 4533 NOK (522 USD) where I live (Norway).

My question is:

Is this monitor worth it, compared to the competition, say Asus PG279Q and similar? - That particular competitor I can get for 5200 NOK (599 USD).

I'm happy to take suggestions.

Criterions for a monitor are:

- 27 inch 1440p, IPS.

- 144hz or more.

- Freesync/G-sync.

- That it's a solid choice for gaming.

Told you, it’s a fantastic screen for the price. Hard to beat i find - and at thar price you currently have in Norway it’s a steal!

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Buggy monitor, bought it for 3 week, lots of auto black out screen during gaming. Updating it is so troublesome, in fact my latest update brick the whole monitor. After service is aren’t great too. Bought it at 570usd

12 minutes ago, Damen888 said:

Buggy monitor, bought it for 3 week, lots of auto black out screen during gaming. Updating it is so troublesome, in fact my latest update brick the whole monitor. After service is aren’t great too. Bought it at 570usd

I’ve had 0 issues with it since I bought it at launch. Must of been your panel in particular.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

19 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Told you, it’s a fantastic screen for the price. Hard to beat i find - and at thar price you currently have in Norway it’s a steal!

Thanks again ?

Can never be too sure!

10 minutes ago, Damen888 said:

Thanks for the insight! Is this software/driver-related issues, or the panel itself?

I will most likely go for the deal as I can return it should it not live up to my expectations. A deal like this rarely come by, normal price is 6500 NOK (749 USD).

Is the freesync running without issues whether it's a G-sync or Freesync monitor? I noticed it's not labelled as a Freesync 2 certified monitor but I guess that's nothing to be concerned about?

@IslandStone

oh heck ! I paid €599 I believe for it.

thats a steal of a deal. Definitely get it and if you don’t like it / have issues - return it! Let me know how you get on and if you have any issues you’re welcome to PM me

1 minute ago, IslandStone said:

Is the freesync running without issues whether it's a G-sync or Freesync monitor? I noticed it's not labelled as a Freesync 2 certified monitor but I guess that's nothing to be concerned about?

It works for me with my 2070, what GPU will you be using?

13 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

It works for me with my 2070, what GPU will you be using?

I will try to fetch a second hand GTX 1080 Ti. Have not yet ordered the other parts, but I will test the monitor on another old desktop PC

21 minutes ago, IslandStone said:

Thanks again ?

Can never be too sure!

Thanks for the insight! Is this software/driver-related issues, or the panel itself?

I will most likely go for the deal as I can return it should it not live up to my expectations. A deal like this rarely come by, normal price is 6500 NOK (749 USD).

I bought mine in Thailand for 17,800 baht (570 usd). However with this amount I could buy ASUS 2k g-sync 2017 model. Which I regret buying this. 

Software is is buggy till it brick my monitor, I’m so sad as i need to buy another monitor for do my stuff/work.

i do not recommend you buying this monitor.  

4 minutes ago, Damen888 said:

I bought mine in Thailand for 17,800 baht (570 usd). However with this amount I could buy ASUS 2k g-sync 2017 model. Which I regret buying this. 

Software is is buggy till it brick my monitor, I’m so sad as i need to buy another monitor for do my stuff/work.

i do not recommend you buying this monitor.  

I told you above, but you ignored it. I think it must of been your panel in particular.

ive had my panel since launch and have had 0 issues. Freesync works fine, don’t get any black screens during gaming like you mentioned.

ive not updated my monitor as there is no need for me, as it works. You can’t generalise that all the panels are bad. 

Edit: 2 of my mates also have the same monitor as mine, and they’ve also had 0 issues with it. One uses a RTX2080 and the other has a Radeon VII

Btw anybody know if this monitor able to do a hard reset? I tried pressing and hold on/off button for 1min it still not able to switch on. Just this stupid rgb light showing when I’m plug in. But on off button is still no lights. 

89F7508F-F92C-473B-88AB-DC876B977E08.jpeg

D2D8BBFB-ADF7-45B6-984A-CCB6A95C27E3.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I told you above, but you ignored it. I think it must of been your panel in particular.

ive had my panel since launch and have had 0 issues. Freesync works fine, don’t get any black screens during gaming like you mentioned.

ive not updated my monitor as there is no need for me, as it works. You can’t generalise that all the panels are bad. 

I Guess you are one of the lucky one. In fact there is lots of black screen during gaming. In reddit discussion tons of user complaining about this problem. 

@Damen888

what trouvleshooting steps have have you gone through?

have you tried HDMI/DP, use different port on your pc?

also, why don’t you RMA it or return it for a new monitor ?

1 minute ago, Damen888 said:

I Guess you are one of the lucky one. In fact there is lots of black screen during gaming. In reddit discussion tons of user complaining about this problem. 

Me and my 2 friends must all be lucky then ?

Never searched for issues regarding the screen as I personally, and people around me never had issues.

ill have a read into it, as I don’t want to give ‘wrong’ advice. Can only give advice best to my own knowledge 

3 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

@Damen888

I hasn’t personally called them yet, since today their office is closed. However i have bought since 3-4weeks ago. RMA and exchange a new one will be quite impossible in Thailand. 

I read in Thailand local computing warranty. Gigabyte after service has a very bad reputation. Repairs could take forever. (Some even 6months to 1 year) not sure how true is that. Putting back into the box is a troublesome task. Now I’m figuring how to put back into the box. Lol

7 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

@Damen888

I tired, changing cables. Hdmi and dp

however my problem seems severe. As I can’t even able to switch on the monitor. After updating firmware. There is a warning for not shutting off monitor during update. So I didn’t play with it during updates. Just leave it alone. My monitor won’t sleep after 1hr. 

And it hasn’t even 1 hr and the monitor is unable to switch on. 

12 hours ago, Damen888 said:

I tired, changing cables. Hdmi and dp

however my problem seems severe. As I can’t even able to switch on the monitor. After updating firmware. There is a warning for not shutting off monitor during update. So I didn’t play with it during updates. Just leave it alone. My monitor won’t sleep after 1hr. 

And it hasn’t even 1 hr and the monitor is unable to switch on. 

It sounds like no matter what you had bad luck with your monitor. I've tried to read about issues etc, where I found several people stating blackout problems. I also found someone who fixed it with a hdr certified DP cable as oppose to the one coming with the monitor. According to TFT Centrals review it's a solid monitor, but I guess since its Gigabytes first monitor its bound to have some software hickups before its smooth for everyone. 

12 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Me and my 2 friends must all be lucky then ?

Never searched for issues regarding the screen as I personally, and people around me never had issues.

ill have a read into it, as I don’t want to give ‘wrong’ advice. Can only give advice best to my own knowledge 

I ended up buying the monitor last evening.

I will write when I've recieved it and tested it. I don't really have a comparable monitor, as I'm currently using a low-end sub 2007 VGA monitor with terrible specs, but I will give my opinion.

@IslandStone congrats! Hope you will enjoy your new monitor !

@Damen888 usually when you ‘brick’ something it’s the user ends fault.

look back when we had first iPhones coming out and we all were jailbreaking them - lots of people bricked their phones cause they made mistakes 

Good specs though if you don't care about it's features there are cheaper alternatives with same specs. Acer monitors for example. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I've recieved the monitor and I'm testing it right now.

So far so good, have no complaints yet. I'm not able to test it fully, as I have no DP port on my old pc.