Scrapyard wars

dogggg3834

When is the next series? Its always been my favorite but its been almost 10 months now without a new series. 

They have kinda run out of good ideas for it i think. They have done the good ones a few bad ones too now

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

It is not that easy to find new ways of doing scrapyard wars after 7 seasons. I have a few ideas, but I am not sure how practical they are.

For example add the constraint that the finished PC must be submersible but still use air cooling (would be a "snorkeling" and otherwise waterproof PC). That could be fun and would certainly be challenging since it involves some custom modding.
Another thing could be to set an upper power consumption limit and ask the teams to get the best performance. That could involve some underclocking/undervolting, which would also be new for the scrapyard war series.
Yet another idea would be to provide each team with the same set of strange objects all of which have to be integrated into the build and actually have to serve some kind of purpose other than being only a decorative item.

Honestly yeah, I could see an SFF one, but more or less they are #outofideas

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

I really hope this series is brought back. It wouldn't matter to me if the topic is same as a previous season, used hardware is so diverse, you'll find something different very time. 

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord

Worst value PC. This needs to happen.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

55 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

Worst value PC. This needs to happen.

Buys expensive used rig

Uses crapo logisys psu

Blows up and kills all components

2k rig with zero fps

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Get walmart to sponsor it and have them create the best computer they can from parts they can find inside of a walmart. (not just PC parts...)

29 minutes ago, quakeguy81 said:

I'm using a Logisys PSU in a retro PC.

Which means absolutely shit in terms of quality.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

18 minutes ago, quakeguy81 said:

Yep.

Almost thought you were gonna say something like "it worked for me so they're good" :P

9 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

They have kinda run out of good ideas for it i think. They have done the good ones a few bad ones too now

they are doing another one, they talked about it in the Wan show

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

They already said they are doing one, I think they said this summer. The premis will be they need to build complete systems including desks chair and peripheral and the winner will be decided by a 3 on 3 game challenge of some kind, who ever wins the game wins the war

What if someone other than Linus and Luke did it? Get some entirely new people in

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :) 

1 minute ago, quakeguy81 said:

Dennis and Anthony?

I have doubts about Dennis' uhh....ability to haggle

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :) 

I wouldn't mind another "old fashioned" series. Maybe only allow AMD CPU and GPU? AMD has not featured a lot so far.

scrap war doesnt need to be that technical, eg. a specific colour theme, max weight itx etc

They could also be required to find a used piece of furniture or household appliance and do their best to hide their PC in there (make it "stealth").

11 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

just check the suggestions forums, LLT can't seriously be that far up their own ass.

How about HEDT for under x amount no older than 5 years?

Boom, there you go, perfect idea.

Sorry about my spelling sometimes. My $1200 laptop has a $2 keyboard.

Well they could make set rules. All previous setups required only tower. Maybe they could I close keyboard mouse monitor that has to be specific etc. And then they would have to trick it out or have a theme. Etc

They could go to Australia and have Tech YES City as a guest.

On 5/22/2019 at 9:49 PM, Ravendarat said:

They already said they are doing one, I think they said this summer. The premis will be they need to build complete systems including desks chair and peripheral and the winner will be decided by a 3 on 3 game challenge of some kind, who ever wins the game wins the war

This except it won't be the summer. I have it on the calendar tentatively but it's not a hard date right now. 90% chance it won't be in the summer though.

Follow me on Twitter at: @edzelyago

1 minute ago, Edzel Yago said:

This except it won't be the summer. I have it on the calendar tentatively but it's not a hard date right now. 90% chance it won't be in the summer though.

You seem like a reliable source, I’ll trust you ;)