Ryzen 5 2400G with no GPU temporary

Bobur
Go to solution Solved by ch3w2oy,
1 minute ago, Bobur said:

I don't think my budget really matters because prices are dramatically different here in my country (Uzbekistan). I.e, 1060 is around $450-500. Let's just assume that 2 alternative builds that I mentioned are the same price and I should choose one now

I would get the 2400g. I put it in my step daughters build and it plays games just fine.. Make sure you get 2x4gb of RAM, though. That way you utilize dual channel which should also give you a bump in preformance.. 

Hello again community. I got several informative replies to my first post so I'm going to ask you something else. So I'm planning to build a system:

CPU:        Ryzen 5 2400G

Mobo:      Cheapest compatible motherboard with DDR4 3200 support

RAM:       1*8 GB 3200 (gonna buy another one in 5-6 months)

SSD:        128 GB cheapest.

I'm going to save up for a GPU for 4-5 months, until then want to play 2007-2013 games on ultra at 1080p expecting 30-60 FPS. My questions:

1) Do you think it's a good idea?

2) Is it enough to play Skyrim SE and Witcher 2 on ultra at 1080p with 30-60 FPS? I found tests on these games on YouTube but the settings weren't ultra.

Why I'm not going with [i3 8100 + 1050ti] because this build seems to be out of date too soon (if not out of date already). 

So question #3: what should I do - go with "more future-proof" Ryzen build or temporarily stronger 1050ti build?

4 minutes ago, Bobur said:

Hello again community. I got several informative replies to my first post so I'm going to ask you something else. So I'm planning to build a system:

CPU:        Ryzen 5 2400G

Mobo:      Cheapest compatible motherboard with DDR4 3200 support

RAM:       1*8 GB 3200 (gonna buy another one in 5-6 months)

SSD:        128 GB cheapest.

I'm going to save up for a GPU for 4-5 months, until then want to play 2007-2013 games on ultra at 1080p expecting 30-60 FPS. My questions:

1) Do you think it's a good idea?

2) Is it enough to play Skyrim SE and Witcher 2 on ultra at 1080p with 30-60 FPS? I found tests on these games on YouTube but the settings weren't ultra.

Why I'm not going with [i3 8100 + 1050ti] because this build seems to be out of date too soon (if not out of date already). 

So question #3: what should I do - go with "more future-proof" Ryzen build or temporarily stronger 1050ti build?

The ryzen integrated is fine and then u can upgrade the cpu too or something because the cpus might be backwards compatible.

Just get the 2400g. It'll be fine until you upgrade to a better GPU.. Who cares about ultra settings. Play at what you can until you get a better GPU.. Unless you don't want a GPU and you're looking for the best performance now.. In which case I would ask you what your budget is? 

Used parts are a great place to start. Micro Center (if you live near one) has great deals on mobos+cpu combos. I wouldn't build an entire system at Micro Center, though.. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

12 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

Who cares about ultra settings.

Well, my wisdom is "get the best of what the developers prepared for you"

Well, my wisdom is "get the best of what the developers prepared for you"

I just mean until you can get a better GPU. The 2400g can game just fine, just don't expect ultra settings all the time.. 

And with current games, ultra really doesn't matter.. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

14 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

In which case I would ask you what your budget is? 

I don't think my budget really matters because prices are dramatically different here in my country (Uzbekistan). I.e, 1060 is around $450-500. Let's just assume that 2 alternative builds that I mentioned are the same price and I should choose one now

I would get the 2400g. I put it in my step daughters build and it plays games just fine.. Make sure you get 2x4gb of RAM, though. That way you utilize dual channel which should also give you a bump in preformance.. 

1- As said by other comment get 2x4 (or go with 1x8 if you think you can upgrade to 16).

2- If you isn't going to be without anything while waiting the pc buy a ryzen 2600

3- The reason to get 2x4 instead of 1x8 is because of the APU, it will make the performance way better if you have 2 ram sticks

4- The reason to get a 2600 instead of a 2400g is the botleneck, it will be real hard on a 1050ti, depending of the game it is comparable with the 7th gen Pentium a 2 core 4 threaded cpu.

I can't but agree with you. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

I can't but agree. Thanks

9 minutes ago, BurstHearts said:

The reason to get a 2600 instead of a 2400g is the botleneck, it will be real hard on a 1050ti, depending of the game it is comparable with the 7th gen Pentium a 2 core 4 threaded cpu.

Ya sorry but no.. And how are you comparing a 2 core 4 thread CPU to a 4 core 8 thread CPU? 

I had a 7700hq in my laptop with a 1060 and the 2400g is right around the same performance as that CPU so no, there won't be a bottleneck worth concerning yourself over unless you're getting something like an RTX 2080..

18 minutes ago, BurstHearts said:

4- The reason to get a 2600 instead of a 2400g is the botleneck, it will be real hard on a 1050ti, depending of the game it is comparable with the 7th gen Pentium a 2 core 4 threaded cpu.

What...? Lol a 2400G won't bottleneck a 1050Ti remotely.

You could happily run an RTX 2070 / Vega 64 on it.

1 minute ago, ch3w2oy said:

Ya sorry but no.. And how are you comparing a 2 core 4 thread CPU to a 4 core 8 thread CPU? 

I had a 7700hq in my laptop with a 1060 and the 2400g is right around the same performance as that CPU so no, there won't be a bottleneck worth concerning yourself over unless you're getting something like an RTX 2080..

It wasn't me who did the benchmarks so i can't say if they are true. They showed that it would bottleneck almost as hard as a pentium. But again it wasn't me who did the test and is kinda old not so far of the release, so i am not going to burn my hand for someone i don't even know. Also i over reacted, it won't be that hard i think around 10 to 20 fps compared to a 2600

I me

2 minutes ago, BurstHearts said:

It wasn't me who did the benchmarks so i can't say if they are true. They showed that it would bottleneck almost as hard as a pentium. But again it wasn't me who did the test and is kinda old not so far of the release, so i am not going to burn my hand for someone i don't even know. Also i over reacted, it won't be that hard i think around 10 to 20 fps compared to a 2600

and i probably  miscalculated the fps difference it should have and considered like a huge bottleneck

1 minute ago, BurstHearts said:

I me

and i probably  miscalculated the fps difference it should have and considered like a huge bottleneck

The 2400G could handle a 1070.. I wouldn't really go higher on GPU with a CPU like that but it'll be fine..

4 hours ago, BurstHearts said:

The GTX 1050 and Ti aren't that high-end of a GPU. My peasant 2200G can handle the GTX1060 6GB just fine.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L