Wirelessly controlled lights?

So I am working on a project but I am trying to think of the best way to go about it. I need to be able to control 15-25 rgb lights (https://www.adafruit.com/product/3341) like this, but they won't be together as they will each be in a different spot and unable to be connected to each other with wires. I need these all to be controlled by either a single remote, or some kind of phone app. Range needs to be 120+ yards and I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible. Let me know what your ideas are. Thanks in advance. 

You'll always need some kind of controller to... well control the LEDs, I guess an Arduino nano is relatively cheap, I'd go with that I think...

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

what the hell are you planning ? i dont quite get why youd want to control 20 small leds thatso far apart that they arent able to be connected by wire from so far away you wont be able to see them anyway?

3 minutes ago, James Evens said:

What the hell is a yards in SI units?

If it is like meters you either need 433mHz with some software tweaks or LoRa.

if my math is correct its like 100-110 meters or so in normal units

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

11 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

what the hell are you planning ? i dont quite get why youd want to control 20 small leds thatso far apart that they arent able to be connected by wire from so far away you wont be able to see them anyway?

if my math is correct its like 100-110 meters or so in normal units

I really can't explain it in detail but each light will be for a different person and they can't be connected to each other because then the people would be tethered together. 

11 hours ago, myselfolli said:

You'll always need some kind of controller to... well control the LEDs, I guess an Arduino nano is relatively cheap, I'd go with that I think...

Ok but what type of connection would I use to connect the arduinos? 

You could look into 433mhz with the arduino, they are available super cheap on ebay and with a good antenna design they supposedly have quite decent range with line of sight.

I also am working on a project that used them, and you can structure the data sent and set the receivers to look for the structure, and using some comparison you can have the receiver filter out it's appropriate instructions. I haven't tried multiple units at once, but in theory it should work.

But yeah, an ebay arduino pro mini is $4 or so, plus another couple bucks per set of transmitter and receiver.

On 5/11/2019 at 2:32 AM, Junction Runner said:

You could look into 433mhz with the arduino, they are available super cheap on ebay and with a good antenna design they supposedly have quite decent range with line of sight.

I also am working on a project that used them, and you can structure the data sent and set the receivers to look for the structure, and using some comparison you can have the receiver filter out it's appropriate instructions. I haven't tried multiple units at once, but in theory it should work.

But yeah, an ebay arduino pro mini is $4 or so, plus another couple bucks per set of transmitter and receiver.

Having done some research it seems this is probably what I will go with. They might not have line of sight though which might not be optimal.