considering switching to the S10+

SHADY16

so i currently own the Xs Max on a payment plan along with a apple watch S4 and im considering paying the 300$ to upgrade early and selling my applewatch S4 which would save me about 85$ per month. also hear me out as this isnt the only reason im considering it, ive had connection issues with my Xs Max like im sure some of you also have had. my friend recently got the galaxy S10+ and is on the same service and in my room hes getting 4-5 bars and im getting 1-2 bars of service even tried his phone with my sim card.  ive been iphone since the OG iphone.   would it be worth the 300$ to change phones? also to note i would have to make 429$ on my watch to be able to pay it off or id have to cover the rest out of pocket 

i7 12700k/Asus Tuf z690/32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHZ/EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra/Samsung 980 Pro 1TB/Asus 2540x1440p 165hz Gsync/Acer 2560x1440p G Sync 144hz

S10+ is a very capable phone.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Seems more like a want or a need. You're probably not gonna be pleased with this answer. But...

Flip a coin, Heads is Yes, Tails is No. If you flip "yes" and your gut feels no, then the answer is no; if the gut feeling is yes, then yes. Vice versa if you flip "no".

?

In the end, they're both great phones.

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

I wouldn’t, especially as you’ve probably invested a decent amount into iTunes etc in the 10 years you’ve been with apple. 

Olus samsung have their own issues too. People I know who’ve jumped ship have had nasty shocks when their phone hasn’t got the new OS in 18 months etc because android software support sucks. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

3 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

I wouldn’t, especially as you’ve probably invested a decent amount into iTunes etc in the 10 years you’ve been with apple. 

Olus samsung have their own issues too. People I know who’ve jumped ship have had nasty shocks when their phone hasn’t got the new OS in 18 months etc because android software support sucks. 

im just getting tired of the connection issues with my Xs Max and the high phone bill each month is hurting my wallet

i7 12700k/Asus Tuf z690/32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHZ/EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra/Samsung 980 Pro 1TB/Asus 2540x1440p 165hz Gsync/Acer 2560x1440p G Sync 144hz

Just now, SHADY16 said:

im just getting tired of the connection issues with my Xs Max and the high phone bill each month is hurting my wallet

Where are you? I have the XR and have never had connection issues. Could just be your unit in which case you’ll still be under warranty. 

And an S10+ is still expensive. Tbh I think the best phones to buy this gen would be the R and E variant of either 

1 minute ago, Lord Vile said:

Where are you? I have the XR and have never had connection issues. Could just be your unit in which case you’ll still be under warranty. 

And an S10+ is still expensive. Tbh I think the best phones to buy this gen would be the R and E variant of either 

well my friends S10+ always has 2-3 bars higher then my phone and we are both on the same provider (Verizon)i get random data speed drops to under 10/mbs until i restart my phone which i cant reproduce on command. i even tried my sim in his phone and my connection is way better. i have also taken my phone to Apple and they couldnt find anything wrong so refused replacement

1 hour ago, SHADY16 said:

well my friends S10+ always has 2-3 bars higher then my phone and we are both on the same provider (Verizon)i get random data speed drops to under 10/mbs until i restart my phone which i cant reproduce on command. i even tried my sim in his phone and my connection is way better. i have also taken my phone to Apple and they couldnt find anything wrong so refused replacement

Really weird, normally I get better signal compared to other people, currently in an area where no one gets signal and I’m always on 1-3 bars. 

Saying that though I’m always on WiFi because why would you use mobile data when you can have free WiFi pretty much everywhere. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Really weird, normally I get better signal compared to other people, currently in an area where no one gets signal and I’m always on 1-3 bars. 

Saying that though I’m always on WiFi because why would you use mobile data when you can have free WiFi pretty much everywhere. 

i have even thought about shattering the back of my phone intentionally so that way they would have to replace it under applecare to see if that would fix it. i dont have much issue with my calls just my data is horrible even when my data speed is normal my friend on his S10+ is faster. i normally get 60 mb/s when i have full bars and its working as it should be hes around 80-90 and we made sure to pick same server etc, even with my sim in his phone i get faster data speeds on his S10+ then my Xs Max i have tried to restore my phone even tried beta software nothing seems to help it. maybe its something with the attennas on the Xs Max compared to the XR

16 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

maybe i should just get the XR and lower my bill that way and wont have to worry about breaking even and the process of selling my watch 

2 hours ago, SHADY16 said:

maybe i should just get the XR and lower my bill that way and wont have to worry about breaking even and the process of selling my watch 

XR is fine. I chose it over the XS mainly due to the red colour and the lack of OLED which I’m still not a fan of. 

2 hours ago, SHADY16 said:

That sounds better, I'd say.  Not the least of which is that you'd still have a good smartwatch.