Has anyone tried to use magma expressbox for coin mining

i would like to know if anyone has use pci-e expressboxes to extened the number of graphics crad possible to install to well over 16 

the link to the hardware is http://www.magma.com/expressbox-16-basic

if anyone tries this can you please send me a pic of the insane build.

the max number of graphics cards with pci-e risers is 112 with a seven slot motherboard

which is a total of 110GH/s for litecoin mining with 290x

How exactly do you think that's going to work with ANY OS?

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

Even if this works, it's not a game changer. I wouldn't be surprised going with something like this would cost about the same or more per mhs compared to more conventional builds.

You have to pay for the damn thing plus a mobo, cpu, ram instead of more mobos, cpus, ram, which aren't really what's expensive here. What's expensive is the videocards. Also you still need virtually the same amount of power.

Maybe those fix costs would start to get absorbed at around 30-40 gpus. Maybe before that.

Think of the debugging though! I would pay not to have to deal with it.

Spoiler

Even if this works, it's not a game changer. I wouldn't be surprised going with something like this would cost about the same or more per mhs compared to more conventional builds. You have to pay for the damn thing plus a mobo, cpu, ram instead of more mobos, cpus, ram, which aren't really what's expensive here. What's expensive is the videocards. Also you still need virtually the same amount of power. Maybe those fix costs would start to get absorbed at around 30-40 gpus. Maybe before that. Think of the debugging though! I would pay not to have to deal with it.

Found this box on pcmall for... 2k

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

They would work, but they are hardly cost effective. You will easily run into cooling issues if you try to use all the slots.

The current solution of using a standard motherboard and 7 GPU's with risers to keep the cards separate and efficiently cooled is by far easier, cheaper, and more reliable.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.