Does anyone play "world of tanks"?

JayzSub
Go to solution Solved by JayzSub,
5 hours ago, plsno said:

I used to play it(2013-15) but the game became too grindy for my liking. Also the powercreep was getting bad when I quit. No clue how it is nowadays.

If you stick to the lower tiers you wont have to worry much about credits in game. Once you hit tier 9 you'll pretty much lose credits regardless if you win or not if you're f2p. There used to be a mod called XVM iirc that would pretty much tell you who was good or bad in your match. You should probably download it if its still around.

Tried the game yesterday a lot of the players are toxic, I don't think I'll be playing. Thanks anyways guys. 

I was watching a ltt video on YouTube, on cpu cooling. He was recommending "world of tanks" anyone played it? 

I may be interested to pick up playing the game and try it. 

Life is a journey in darkness, and in darkness we seek a light to light our path thru life,

In light we seek the darkness in our lives to shade the misdeeds we do unto those we meet. 

Jerry Lettins (Art teacher.) 

yes i used too and i must say dont bother. not only its toxic there are other many issues regards to game balancing. There is a post saying weather this guy should return or not. You can read other people imo and see for yourself

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/84185-is-this-game-worth-comming-back-to/

lives on

BAKABT

Yep I used to. It’s a great game. I mostly play World of Warships though which is by the same company. 

WoT is a very old game with tons of grindy ftp content. 

Here is a recent video that should give you a better look at the game to see if you might want to play it or not. 

https://youtu.be/M2vlumiKOh0

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Here is a recent video that should give you a better look at the game to see if you might want to play it or not. 

https://youtu.be/M2vlumiKOh0

ahh the goold old jingles, you can also  loook at  this guy channel if your still bent on playing you can probably get good tips from quickybaby one of the well known players who still plays world of tanks

lives on

BAKABT

I used to be a daily free-to-play player but few months back I kinda gave up because of the increase in pay to win aspects of the game. 

45 minutes ago, JayzSub said:

I was watching a ltt video on YouTube, on cpu cooling. He was recommending "world of tanks" anyone played it? 

I do, and I like it. But if you are prone to being very agitated while gaming just skip this game. The game has oddly balanced pay to play aspect, and sometimes you will loose no matter how good are you because some player has a premium tank ( aka bought with real money ) or will spam premium ammo at you, that ammo can technically be bought for free with in game currency, but you can't only use that ammo while playing for free, because your in game currency will run out very quickly and you can't play without having at least a bit of that currency. I still get few rounds of premium ammo while playing for free, but not only premium, like some players do. The game is easy to master if you understand the mechanics of it. If you become any good, you can even sometimes win over those only premium ammo users and that feels pretty good. Again, if you are prone to hysterics over a game, skip it. BTW game now looks amazing graphics wise, it was updated a while back and it's not the same ugly shit it was way way back.

Look at my avatar.. It's one of the medals in World of Tanks, it's the "Crucial Contribution" medal as I really like World of Tanks. You still can be a good player without paying the game. Trust me.. I paid the game to get premium accounts and a few premium tanks when I was in the early game.. But now I'm against to pay the game.

One of the best player who doesn't pay the game and never use premium ammo is "Taugrim", He's just amazing on how to win without using premium ammo..

He was claiming his "Unicum" rating at 13k battles. I'm at 11k battle and I'm still amateur T_T

Since I subscribed his channel from last year till now, I never see any of his videos where he bring premium ammo. He just never bring premium ammo to the battle ever! You should learn from him if you want to be a free-to-play player..

Here is his channel,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUzj5q3v-6umt_NOCR709Ng

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

On 5/1/2019 at 3:05 PM, BirdyTheMighty said:

ahh the goold old jingles, you can also  loook at  this guy channel if your still bent on playing you can probably get good tips from quickybaby one of the well known players who still plays world of tanks

I dissagree with this..

I prefer "Skill4ltu" than "Quickybaby" to learn the game play and the thoughts behind the decisions in the battle. This guy is the person who has the most 3 Marks of Excellence tanks in the world!

This guy (Skill4ltu) plays World of Tanks just to grind the Mark of Excellence till 100% marks of each tanks. It's simply mindblowing to see how he think and take decisions in the battle

and "Taugrim" is a great role to learn how to be a "Unicum" without using premium ammo and features!

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

NOT recommended

- looks easy to play

- massive grinding

- no real tutorials( except for youtubers), you really have no clue what happened for beginners eg how you get spot?  why you never penetrate? etc

- basically free to play, but its not. beyond tier 7 start to lose money, very tough grinding

- majority of players are hiding and camping, you will often get killed without knowing

- there are some overpowered tanks each tier, which you can do nothing to them

19 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

NOT recommended

- looks easy to play

- massive grinding

- no real tutorials( except for youtubers), you really have no clue what happened for beginners eg how you get spot?  why you never penetrate? etc

- basically free to play, but its not. beyond tier 7 start to lose money, very tough grinding

- majority of players are hiding and camping, you will often get killed without knowing

- there are some overpowered tanks each tier, which you can do nothing to them

So this is why I highly recommend to learn from "Skill4ltu" and "Taugrim".

Those 2 guys will educate people to be a better players by showing the thoughts behind the decision, situational awareness, use landscape terrain to your advantages, how to play the view range, when we need to push and when we need to retreats, how to behave when your crews don't have sixth sense perks yet, how to win without buy premium features (Taugrim)..

They both are explaining them very well..

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

On 5/1/2019 at 3:40 PM, noxdeouroboros said:

The game is easy to master if you understand the mechanics of it.

Agreed!

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

8 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

Those 2 guys will educate people to be a better players by showing the thoughts behind the decision,

thats the point, usual player just want to start and enjoy the game. but this game "forces" you to do tons of research before enjoy playing. 

9 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

thats the point, usual player just want to start and enjoy the game. but this game "forces" you to do tons of research before enjoy playing. 

But when it looks easy to play, then you see it from pro players.

This game indeed needs to be researched on the game mechanics and each tank chracteristics and tactics, on how certain tank with its characteristics in each class to be played and also how each certain map to be played. Which area of the map is best for each tank classes to act for its advantages, is also needs to be understand to get maximum advantages.

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

On 5/1/2019 at 2:20 PM, JayzSub said:

If you jump on it, beware of this.

Just ignore the people who complaints the most in battle. Those people are the average ones, and they are the most harsh and toxic.

The new players and the below averages are quiet because they doesn't know what they're doing (usually). The good and pro players are quiet because they say something by their skill. The average players are the ones who loves to blame other people and commander wannabe while actually they gives low contribution to the team.

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

25 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

If you jump on it, beware of this.

Just ignore the people who complaints the most in battle. Those people are the average ones, and they are the most harsh and toxic.

The new players and the below averages are quiet because they doesn't know what they're doing (usually). The good and pro players are quiet because they say something by their skill. The average players are the ones who loves to blame other people and commander wannabe while actually they gives low contribution to the team.

lol, isn't that just like mmorpg war games 

Life is a journey in darkness, and in darkness we seek a light to light our path thru life,

In light we seek the darkness in our lives to shade the misdeeds we do unto those we meet. 

15 minutes ago, JayzSub said:

lol, isn't that just like mmorpg war games 

Correct!

Earlier Wargaming was making MMORPG, but then they inovated the genre using tanks as the materials, and born World of Tanks.

Here's where you can see what they did before World of Tanks.

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

I used to play it(2013-15) but the game became too grindy for my liking. Also the powercreep was getting bad when I quit. No clue how it is nowadays.

If you stick to the lower tiers you wont have to worry much about credits in game. Once you hit tier 9 you'll pretty much lose credits regardless if you win or not if you're f2p. There used to be a mod called XVM iirc that would pretty much tell you who was good or bad in your match. You should probably download it if its still around.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

5 hours ago, plsno said:

Tried the game yesterday a lot of the players are toxic, I don't think I'll be playing. Thanks anyways guys. 

20 hours ago, JayzSub said:

At least I gave you early warning, so you can be ready to face that, but apparently you can't handle the toxicity of some of the players..

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

1 hour ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

At least I gave you early warning, so you can be ready to face that, but apparently you can't handle the toxicity of some of the players..

Well thanks, but I have enough toxicity in my school already. So I don't need more toxicity in my life. 

On 5/6/2019 at 11:44 AM, JayzSub said:

Well thanks, but I have enough toxicity in my school already. So I don't need more toxicity in my life. 

lol i did mention it was toxic, buut not sure how it is now but before i played you can disable chat

lives on

BAKABT