PC wont boot after installing RAM upgrade

So I recently purchased DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb ram sticks at 2400mhz as an upgrade to my previous DDR3 2x2gb unbranded ram. After installing them into the slots,

I booted the PC and got as far as the Acer logo before it froze and went unresponsive. I decided to swap them out for my old set and it worked perfectly.

I then tried booting with just one of the sticks and got further to the windows 10 load screen but at that point it will either freeze again or throw a Bad Pool Header BSOD error at me.

I was just wondering if this is indicative of faulty RAM or is there anything I can do to troubleshoot it and maybe get it working for me as is without having to refund.

I've tried booting into the BIOS but I can only do that when one of the sticks is in because two will cause it to become unresponsive. The BIOS recognizes the system has 4GB ram when I get that far but i don't think my BIOS

allows for memory adjustments. The motherboard i'm using is the default that comes with the Acer Aspire M3910. I think these are just made by Acer themselves for their prebuilds and I have no idea what the model would be but I recall the manual saying it should support up to 16GB. It's almost a decade old at this point.

Other specs

I5 650 @ 3.2 ghz

gtx 1050ti

Kingston 250GB SSD

If you can get MemTest86+ up and running, that may tell you if you have faulty RAM.

The recommended usage I hear is one stick per run, with the run lasting overnight (or at the very least, long enough to run through several cycles of tests). Though you can stop the moment errors pile up (make sure to take a picture of it!)

56 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

If you can get MemTest86+ up and running, that may tell you if you have faulty RAM.

The recommended usage I hear is one stick per run, with the run lasting overnight (or at the very least, long enough to run through several cycles of tests). Though you can stop the moment errors pile up (make sure to take a picture of it!)

So I tried memtest+ and was PLANNING on leaving it overnight like you said but each test only lasted for a second before becoming totally unresponsive.

I tried multiple times with each stick in different slots but the results were the same bar one time I received errors immediately. I could not replicate this.

20190429_215020.jpg

20190429_215446.jpg

8 minutes ago, PCilliterate said:

So I tried memtest+ and was PLANNING on leaving it overnight like you said but each test only lasted for a second before becoming totally unresponsive.

I tried multiple times with each stick in different slots but the results were the same bar one time I received errors immediately. I could not replicate this.

Yeah, I'd call the RAM a wash at this point.

5 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Yeah, I'd call the RAM a wash at this point.

Well, I kinda figured as much. Time to get amazon to ship me another set and try again. Thanks for helping me again both here and on that one other post I made two years ago lol

1 hour ago, PCilliterate said:

Well, I kinda figured as much. Time to get amazon to ship me another set and try again. Thanks for helping me again both here and on that one other post I made two years ago lol

if you get the new set and it does the same, the issue is your bios not the sticks, probably still trying to load the old settings from the old ram.

clear the cmos if u have not yet and try again if you do get new sticks and they too do not work then maybe your mobo is incompatible with them or there just junk ram