Building an android Media system to plug into my TV

Go to solution Solved by SkyHound0202,
8 hours ago, MYR7PUTE said:

Need something more powerful.

Then get a proper single board computer with Amlogic or Rockchip SoC that has true 4K decode and output capability.

Or try Android TV x86 with an existing computer or an embedded board like Intel J-series from Asrock.

I have a 2013 Sony TV that had inbuilt apps but now due to lack of support from Sony, newer streaming services are not available as an app.
So i considered buying Amazon firestick, and due to the recent news on the way amazon is handling the data they are getting from alexa, i decided not to buy that and i am not able to find any other wholesome device here in India.
so i thought it would be fun to make my own android box that can solve my issue, i do have some experience with diy projects but i have no idea where to start in this case. it would be really helpful if you people can help me figure out what to do and i will keep this page updated all the time.

Android TV on Raspberry Pi perhaps?

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

6 hours ago, SkyHound0202 said:

Android TV on Raspberry Pi perhaps?

Yes, I looked into that but a Raspberry cannot manage to play a YouTube video at 720p.

8 hours ago, MYR7PUTE said:

Then get a proper single board computer with Amlogic or Rockchip SoC that has true 4K decode and output capability.

Or try Android TV x86 with an existing computer or an embedded board like Intel J-series from Asrock.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."