MX Master vs Gaming for design work?

BruceHugo

Why is an MX Master mouse better for design than a gaming mouse? What is it doing better?

7 minutes ago, BruceHugo said:

Why is an MX Master mouse better for design than a gaming mouse? What is it doing better?

Comfort, for one. My G602 has nothing on an MX Master when it comes to feel.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

3 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Comfort, for one. My G602 has nothing on an MX Master when it comes to feel.

So, no impact on usability, just more pleasant?  Is the comfort delta so great as to make it worth switching between two mice, do you think?

38 minutes ago, BruceHugo said:

I'm loving my MX master 2s, it is now my main mouse on my PC (use to use a wired mouse, I think it was a Roccat Kone Aimo and there were some times where it would annoy me (60% of the time it was the wire settling making the mouse move across the mousepad which is why i went wireless) but others where i just loved it (just sitting on my bench or while playing games it was nice but in other areas [In my opinion] it fell), at the time i had a 2s for my laptop and decided to get another for my desktop) as it was by far the best mouse that i have ever used and i haven't had to charge it since i got it (a month or so ago) and i use my desktop for 2-15hrs a day (depending on what is happening that day)

Also has a next to infinite scroll which is amazing at times, you just give it a scroll and lift your finger off of it and it will continue spinning on its own (mine has continued for up to 5 minutes) which is a god send on long documents when you dont use the side scroll bar.

but it all depends on what you like, if you could go into a shop have a look at the different mouses avaliable, if you like the thumb rest that the 2s has but you want a wired mouse i was going to go the Corsair Glaive (i think it was) as it has 3 different side parts before i experienced the issues with the wire pulling on the mouse (but my setup is quite crowded so its probably a issue that is experienced by a very small amount of people)

I use my desktop fo gaming, shopping, media consumption, video creation and autodesk (revit and inventor),

My younger sister uses it for minecraft and MMD (Miku Miku Dance, basically a movement animation program) 

My older sister uses it for Photoshop

and my mum for shopping

Yes a lot of people use my computer (its because of the dual monitors and being a lot more powerfull than the rest of the stuff in the house)

7 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

i haven't had to charge it since i got it (a month or so ago) and i use my desktop for 2-15hrs a day (depending on what is happening that day)

I finally got the message 3 seconds ago ahhahaha

image.png.5949471a96acf4cf28817a75b72eb1d7.png

12 minutes ago, Pyramiden said:

Or just use your MX Master for gaming... 

That is something to google, it seems to, generally, be ill-advised, from what I've read.

Just now, WickedStarfish said:

I finally got the message 3 seconds ago ahhahaha

image.png.5949471a96acf4cf28817a75b72eb1d7.png

Haha, wow, your mouse has great comedic timing

Just now, BruceHugo said:

Haha, wow, your mouse has great comedic timing

it does, doesn't it haha, supprised it lasted this long to be honest, luckily it uses the same plug as my G933 otherwise i would have had to search for a charging cable (as i built the G933 charger into my desk so i can charge it when not using)

12 minutes ago, BruceHugo said:

That is something to google, it seems to generally be ill-advised, from what I've read.

tbh, the difference between a wired and wireless mouse is not really that noticable if you are not a competitive gamer, if your a casual gamer than a wireless will do just as good and (in the case of the master 2s) probably be a bit more productive than a standard "Wired Gaming mouse" when it comes to productivity

55 minutes ago, BruceHugo said:

So, no impact on usability, just more pleasant?  Is the comfort delta so great as to make it worth switching between two mice, do you think?

I would buy one or the other. If it helps, I can use my G602 for hours on end without discomfort, and I do use it for Photoshop work. I actually prefer the feel of an upright mouse over everything else, but a good upright mouse tends to be very pricey.

31 minutes ago, Pyramiden said:

Or just use your MX Master for gaming... 

The sensor on the MX Master isn't ideal for high refresh rate or quick-twitch gaming. That's something to consider if you're playing FPS games, e-sports, etc.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

40 minutes ago, BruceHugo said:

That is something to google, it seems to, generally, be ill-advised, from what I've read.

I use mine for games from time to time. It is decent in for example Battlefield V. In my opinion all those complaints are big overstatements of people with 1337 RGB no-scope mouses. It will generally do fine, unless you are very demanding or play on a professional level.

Because it use laser sensor and it sucks for gaming. 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

On 4/27/2019 at 12:34 AM, Hiya! said:

Because it use laser sensor and it sucks for gaming. 

You are hugely exaggerating this. An optical sensor will be better without a doubt, but saying that it "sucks" is a huge overstatement. If I buy a cheap aluminium badminton racket it will be objectively worse than getting a cutting edge expensive carbon fibre one. However, for most of the players it will simply be sufficient.

13 hours ago, Pyramiden said:

You are hugely exaggerating this. An optical sensor will be better without a doubt, but saying that it "sucks" is a huge overstatement. If I buy a cheap aluminium badminton racket it will be objectively worse than getting a cutting edge expensive carbon fibre one. However, for most of the players it will simply be sufficient.

Thanks for all your input Pyramiden.  I understand that your analogy is addressing a different point, but this is at the heart of my inquiry.  I just want to know what an MX Master has that would make it a more compelling option than cutting edge carbon fiber.  It can't be denied that something is being given up.  But, what is being gained in exchange?  It isn't price, unless you're comparing it to a G Pro wireless.  Where is the analogy saying that the MX is like fine dining in contrast to a gaming mouse's protein powder and carbo-load dinner?  Both are expensive.  Both have their advantages.  Even if this analogy were presented, it would still beg the question, shouldn't I have both on hand?  For when fine dining doesn't cut the mustard? (Hehe, wordplay.)

Haha, you are right, it wasnt the best anology. Apart from the financial side I dont see anything negative about getting both ?

19 hours ago, Pyramiden said:

There are reason why most gaming mice use optical rather than laser even the cheap one. Laser sensor is hated and pretty much become a failure in gaming mouse industry. Any gamer especially fps player know this. 

It has difficulty tracking at different speed hence introduce acceleration or resolution error versus speed making the mouse less accurate and less precise. And you dont want that for gaming no matter which genre you play, you want a precise and accurate muscle to cursor movement. 

It's all started when majority of people think that dpi is the factor for a good sensor performance and without a doubt laser sensor can achieve more dpi back in the day that is why companies even Logitech use laser in most of their early gaming mouse. It failed to impress and more expensive to manufacture. They realized that and started to use optical for their gaming mice ever since. 

As you said optical is superior hence why most gaming mice use them even the cheap budget one. There are no reason to use them for gaming. Of course laser sensor has its place.. They can track on pretty much any surface even on top of a slice of cheese that is why it lean more toward productivity rather than gaming. 

As for the racket analogy it's rather misleading. Racket is racket. Mouse is a mouse. It use bunch of tech and electric pulses you can't just oversimplified things like that especially since you can get a cheap gaming mouse like the G102 or rival 110 with a killer sensor for less than $30 than a $1000 carbon fibre racket. 

Laser sucks in general. That's why most gaming mice use optical. The companies follows the consumers demand.  Optical sensor are cheaper to produce which is good for them and us and its superior for gaming. 

But Can you use laser for gaming? Yes. Is it worse than optical? Yes. But Why use something inferior when you can get the superior product for a cheap? That is unless you have an exception. 

And just to answer op question @BruceHugo it is because mx master is an ergonomic mice designed to be comfortable for long time use and it can track on any surface because for those who own laptop, those trackpad can be disastrous for productivity and people rarely bring their mousepad with them. 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore