Is this a worthy case and cooler upgrade?

ELECTRISK

I am currently running the following:

- AMD FX-8350 (Not overclocked & with stock cooler)

- 2x GeForce GT 730 2GB

- Asus M5A97 R2.0 Mobo

Crucial MX500 2.5" 500GB

Seasonic FOCUS series SSR-450FM 450W PSU

- 4x 4Gb G.SKILL Ares Series RAM

in a DIYPC Zondda-B Black & Blue Case (~$35 on newegg)

The system has served me just fine for the last yearish and I've been really happy with the build. I do however think I shouldn't have cheaped out on the case and and have noticed that the stock cooler not only runs the 8350 really toasty but also makes 3 metric fucktons of noise and would like something that doesn't bother people in discord calls and whatnot.

I'm considering upgrading to the following case: 

ROSEWILL CULLINAN MX Tempered Glass RGB ATX Mid Tower (Found here on newegg)

And using the Corsair Hydro Series H100i RGB PLATINUM liquid cooler (Found here on newegg) to cool the 8350.

Would these upgrades be worth their price? Should I go for other products instead? Please post your thoughts below!

You should use that money towards upgrading the processor / maybe video card (if you game)

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

You can spend quite a lot less for sufficient cooling, I find that the Dark Rock 4 or Pro 4 make stylish and effective options for significantly less.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

You don't need the h100i for the 8350. I know, I'm using an nh-d15 on the 9590 which is an heavily overclocked 8350. Don't listen to the FX haters. They say you need a 1000w psu and a big water cooler when you simply don't (The hate isn't as bad now but they really did talk nonsense at one point)

As the guy above said, something like Dark rock or the nh d15 like I'm using if you don't mind the looks would make sense.

A case isn't overly important, I'd use the money saved by going to air cooling to try and squeeze in a gpu instead if you can.

26 minutes ago, ELECTRISK said:

I am currently running the following:

DIYPC Zondda-B Black & Blue Case (~$35 on newegg)

I'm considering upgrading to the following case: 

ROSEWILL CULLINAN MX Tempered Glass RGB ATX Mid Tower (Found here on newegg)

Would these upgrades be worth their price? Should I go for other products instead? Please post your thoughts below!

The case you currently have 

1. Only supports CPU towers up to 158mm tall, meaning CPU tower coolers like thew aforementioned DBP4 and NH-D15's are out of the question
  2. The fan mounts are all single 120mm fan mounts, so you cannot mount a 240 rad
  3. image.png.7ce9910ab7335c8815144b3cb7890f37.png

So if you want to upgrade your CPU cooler to a bigger tower or watercooling, you will NEED to upgrade your case, but you dont need to spend $140 on a case when an $80 case can get the job done just fine like a Fractal Design Define C/Meshify C. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

21 minutes ago, Slottr said:

You should use that money towards upgrading the processor / maybe video card (if you game)

I game but not very often. My processor and video card serve me just fine for my use case. The noise from the cooler and the aesthetics of the case are much higher priorities for me. 

Thanks for your feedback though :)

16 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

You don't need the h100i for the 8350. I know, I'm using an nh-d15 on the 9590 which is an heavily overclocked 8350. Don't listen to the FX haters. They say you need a 1000w psu and a big water cooler when you simply don't (The hate isn't as bad now but they really did talk nonsense at one point)

As the guy above said, something like Dark rock or the nh d15 like I'm using if you don't mind the looks would make sense.

A case isn't overly important, I'd use the money saved by going to air cooling to try and squeeze in a gpu instead if you can.

Yeah I don't listen to the FX haters lol. I actually do care a lot about the looks. I built this system from money I got detasseling corn as a kid and was on a very tight budget but now that I have a stable job and a little more disposable income I'm looking to fix the areas where I cheaped out but the system itself isn't posing nearly enough of an issue to justify upgrading internals, I need to upgrade the case and cooler first. 

I'm not looking at the water cooler for nessesity, I'm looking at them because they're much quieter than air coolers (to my knowledge) and the RGB on the H100i RGB PLATINUM looks amazing. 

Thanks for your feedback though :)

7 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The case you currently have 

1. Only supports CPU towers up to 158mm tall, meaning CPU tower coolers like thew aforementioned DBP4 and NH-D15's are out of the question
  2. The fan mounts are all single 120mm fan mounts, so you cannot mount a 240 rad
  3. image.png.7ce9910ab7335c8815144b3cb7890f37.png

So if you want to upgrade your CPU cooler to a bigger tower or watercooling, you will NEED to upgrade your case, but you dont need to spend $140 on a case when an $80 case can get the job done just fine like a Fractal Design Define C/Meshify C. 

Yeah I was planning on upgrading both the case and cooler at the same time. I probably should have emphasized in the original post that I am in love with RGB and that's the main reason the CULLINAN MX caught my eye. I love how all the fans in the front have RGB and are shown off. Thank you so much for your feedback though!

Do you know if the CULLINAN MX would have any compatibility issues with the H100i RGB PLATINUM?

Also do you know if the H100i RGB PLATINUM would have any compatibility issues with the FX 8350 (AM3+ socket)?

Thanks!

Just now, ELECTRISK said:

Do you know if the CULLINAN MX would have any compatibility issues with the H100i RGB PLATINUM?

Also do you know if the H100i RGB PLATINUM would have any compatibility issues with the FX 8350 (AM3+ socket)?

Corsair's RGB is ENTIRELY proprietary (though I've seen some people completly rewire some of the RGB on past Corsair products to get it to work with motherboard software) but regardless, the RGB on the cooler is based off a USB 2,0 header and controlled in Corsair software. The RGB on the case is controlled through a wireless remove thats included with the case. So if oyu want to use a corsair AIO with RGB and want everything to sync, you'll need a corsair RGB case.

Specifically I would choose the Corsair 460x for your needs (newegg link) IIRC the SP120's are controlled out of the box by a built in RGB controller in the case (and modes/colors are cycled with the reset button) to get the case to work with the Corsair software, you'll need a Corsair Commander Pro (a $40 add on)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25