CNC Machine for Custom Reservoir

Hi Guys, 

Anyone know what type and brand CNC Machine used to build Custom Reservoir? Seeing all craftsmen in youtube like Radikult, Design by IFR, GGF, etc, they can make their own custom Reservoir. 

I'm keen to learn, just dont want to buy different type of CNC

Thanks

Do you know how much a good quality CNC costs?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

29 minutes ago, Kinzano said:

No I do not know

A cheap one is in the tens of thousands, the ones professionals use are hundreds of thousands.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 hours ago, Kinzano said:

Oh wow, got info from youtuber dietec i think he use this 

https://www.matterhackers.com/store/l/carbide-shapeoko-xxl/sk/MR7HFTNQ

Carbide shapeoko

Most will make their own due to cost a proper professional CNC router as said is around $10-20K starting price without tooling or the equipment to facilitate it. Hobby routers like the Shapeoko or Open builds platforms are decent unit given you. If this is a one off part it is not worth the time or effort to invest in a project yourself but much more cost effective to outsource it to a local plastics shop which will almost always have CNC routers and laser cutters. 

-Moved to Modding Section-

The good news is you don't need a CNC Turret Milling Machine or Machining Centre to make these (very expensive)  You only need a CNC router.    I have a Stoney JBEC Professional CNC router.  with 1.2 x 0.9 m travel.  It cost more than $15K. Included in that cost was a large vacuum table attached to hold the work material down but you don't need that.  You could use a smaller one for about  $8k I would guess.

I have not used a hobby router like a Stepcraft  $1-2K  they may be fine but just take a long time as you have to remove smaller amounts of material with each cut because they tend to have less powerful motors in the spindle and use smaller diameter cutters.  Check these ones.  You  should make sure that  the Z travel is at least twice the amount of the thickest part you want to make.  

If you are only making a single set of parts there are lots of places that will just contract out to make them for you.  They will be about $200-300 per part depending on size. The problem with that is you don't want  to make a mistake and have to go back for a second or third set!

Check out my builds and equipment here.  It has a distributor plate but you would use the same process and materials to make a Reservoir

gH7wus2h_o.jpg

wn4MCAyc_o.jpg

UFQri67z_o.jpg

U0fhuf4g_o.jpg

jFfRSECa_o.jpg

yjX9fGMe_o.jpg

OSy98xz1_o.jpg

rCi2pqaH_o.jpg

79oGIW3V_o.jpg

On 4/22/2019 at 11:01 AM, Kinzano said:

Hi Guys, 

Anyone know what type and brand CNC Machine used to build Custom Reservoir? Seeing all craftsmen in youtube like Radikult, Design by IFR, GGF, etc, they can make their own custom Reservoir. 

I'm keen to learn, just dont want to buy different type of CNC

Thanks

As many others have said, buying a cnc router without any knowledge at all might not be the best place to start. Personally I've had GREAT success in using fablabs/makerspaces around my country even though it often requires me to put off a full day and travel an hour or so each way.

As some also have said, if you are not interested in putting in the hours to use a cnc youself, you can contract the work out.

Some places will be more expensive than others, but if your tolerances (in dimensions, these dimension plus minus X amount) arent too small, you can get away with a fairly decent price. You might even be able to find someone on one of these forums willing to do such a job for you.

Best of luck! :)

W H E N   T H E   W O R L D   I S   A G A I N S T   Y O U ,   B U I L D   C O M P U T E R S !

8 hours ago, matias_a_etersen said:

As many others have said, buying a cnc router without any knowledge at all might not be the best place to start. Personally I've had GREAT success in using fablabs/makerspaces around my country even though it often requires me to put off a full day and travel an hour or so each way.

As some also have said, if you are not interested in putting in the hours to use a cnc youself, you can contract the work out.

Some places will be more expensive than others, but if your tolerances (in dimensions, these dimension plus minus X amount) arent too small, you can get away with a fairly decent price. You might even be able to find someone on one of these forums willing to do such a job for you.

Best of luck!

Thank you, I'm still learning the DIY CNC parts and router, while saving my budget to buy one...

16 minutes ago, Kinzano said:

Thank you, I'm still learning the DIY CNC parts and router, while saving my budget to buy one...

Realistically, why? Do you actually do a lot of projects? Maybe we're spoiled... well my dad anyways, since he used to use the top of the line HAAS machines, but everything about the cheapo kits is generally kind of crap. It's okay if you just make some plywood bits, but for any kind of actual precision or harder materials they suck at. The programs used to run them aren't great either. For a HAAS there's options to set drill holes, so... obviously the bit just plunges down at a controlled rate, comes back up, and moves on to the next one. The free CNC programs however for some reason don't have that option, so it drills down and tries to move on ruining the part and snapping your bit. For each hole drilled you need to basically write G-code for it.

It's kind of the same thing with home 3d printers, there's generally some kind of fuckery or bullshittery you have to figure out how to get around and avoid. Not to mention the space they take up.

#Muricaparrotgang

2 hours ago, Kinzano said:

If you are interested in it you are best really a build on yourself to ensure it's relative rigidity and accuracy if done correctly. There are kits like the open build platforms which are good for soft materials but you can't ever hog material like a proper CNC router or machining center. CNC router parts also is a next step up to a comparable pro setup that is still considered a kit build. 

https://openbuildspartstore.com/

http://www.cncrouterparts.com/

2 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Realistically, why? Do you actually do a lot of projects? Maybe we're spoiled... well my dad anyways, since he used to use the top of the line HAAS machines, but everything about the cheapo kits is generally kind of crap. It's okay if you just make some plywood bits, but for any kind of actual precision or harder materials they suck at. The programs used to run them aren't great either. For a HAAS there's options to set drill holes, so... obviously the bit just plunges down at a controlled rate, comes back up, and moves on to the next one. The free CNC programs however for some reason don't have that option, so it drills down and tries to move on ruining the part and snapping your bit. For each hole drilled you need to basically write G-code for it.

It's kind of the same thing with home 3d printers, there's generally some kind of fuckery or bullshittery you have to figure out how to get around and avoid. Not to mention the space they take up.

Depends on your CAM program and post processor you definitely can do drill programs and even adaptive milling on a hobby CNC, however that doesn't mean it will even be in the same class or be consider for comparison to a proper machining center or industrial CNC router table.