HELP Moving from HDD to SSD

Slifa

So to keep it simple, I have a 1 TB HDD and I want to move everything to my new 1 TB SSD. I want to be able to boot from the SSD and gain the performance and what not. I have tried to find tutorials, but I would really appreciate it if someone could suggest a video and something free.   ***I did try this earlier, and when I went into the bios to boot from the ssd (with all the hdd files cloned to it) it did not work. So thats why I am trying to get some help and just redo the process.

Have you tried Samsung Data Migration software?

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

Do a clean install or you're going to have issues either now or in the future.

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

10 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Do a clean install or you're going to have issues either now or in the future.

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

I haven't had any yet and I'm on a clone of a clone. About 2 years since first cloned.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

Update: I used the Samsung Migration Software and got it to work, so all is well now. Thank you guys :)