Cooler master mwe 650W vs TX650M vs Antec HCG650W

Toheed
Go to solution Solved by LukeSavenije,
3 minutes ago, Toheed said:

Thanks mate. Really excited for my first custom build ? now I just need to find a good 144hz monitor. Only option I am getting is asus vg248qe pretty old ass monitor for 250$.

yeah... not that good with monitors

good luck tho!

don't forget to mark it solved, and maybe like here and there

I have got these 3 options. The CM Mwe650w is the cheapest of them here while the corsair and antec both cost 20$ more. 

My spec are:

Ryzen 2600

X470 Ultra gaming auros

Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8gb

1tb hdd

500gb ssd

16gb crucial Ballistix sport 2666 mhz

Keep in mind that there are several blackouts here(Pakistan) and sometimea voltages go up and down. I am gonna buy a UPS too but for now I want a psu which can hold itself for 10 days maybe? Before I get the UPS. Which of these options will be best.

I think the TXM would be your best bet here, it's a stable PSU and good quality.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

1 minute ago, Ankerson said:

I think the TXM would be your best bet here, it's a stable PSU and good quality.

all three are about the same...

I'd get the cheapest out of the 3

The bronze or gold Cooler Master unit? The bronze version uses cheap Chinese capacitors where the gold rated unit has higher quality Japanese capacitors.

My take on the PSU is to get the best you can afford. After all, a PSU can be used through a number of upgrades and therefore it's more prudent to get something of quality.

Just now, Blai5e said:

The bronze or gold Cooler Master unit? The bronze version uses cheap Chinese capacitors where the gold rated unit has higher quality Japanese capacitors.

you're right and wrong

Japanese capacitors doesn't matter

4 minutes ago, Blai5e said:

My take on the PSU is to get the best you can afford. After all, a PSU can be used through a number of upgrades and therefore it's more prudent to get something of quality.

It's mwe 650 gold fully modular

7 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

all three are about the same...

I'd get the cheapest out of the 3

Or should I put some more money in and get rmx series? But I don't think my system needs that much power does it? I will probably change to rtx 2070 in month or 2 tho

1 minute ago, Toheed said:

Or should I put some more money in and get rmx series? But I don't think my system needs that much power does it? I will probably change to rtx 2070 in month or 2 tho

those are fine. the stepup to the rmx is that it lasts a bit longer and it runs quieter

those 3 are still sufficient tho

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

those are fine. the stepup to the rmx is that it lasts a bit longer and it runs quieter

those 3 are still sufficient tho

So mwe 650w gold then? Cause it's the cheapest.

1 minute ago, Toheed said:

So mwe 650w gold then? Cause it's the cheapest.

yeah, should be fine

pretty good enhance unit

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

yeah, should be fine

pretty good enhance unit

Thanks mate. Really excited for my first custom build ? now I just need to find a good 144hz monitor. Only option I am getting is asus vg248qe pretty old ass monitor for 250$.

3 minutes ago, Toheed said:

yeah... not that good with monitors

good luck tho!

don't forget to mark it solved, and maybe like here and there