EVGA gtx780TI KingPin

FloRolf

I am not a fan of that cooler whatsoever, it looks like some really bad idea of "future tech" from an 80s movie

With today's technology I often wonder why we don't have colonies on the moon or Mars. Then I go to Wal Mart for 5 minutes and realize the vast majority of the human populace isn't ready for such things.

...that thing is ugly as sin...

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

I think the clear plastic makes it look cheap

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Look at this way- Bigger fans, better heatsink and more static pressure optimized fans than the regular ACX cooler. This + the fact that a huge majority won't see the card cooler once installed (even assuming you run this thing on air) means they went with function over form which I am ok with.

If people want to see actual pictures, a member on OCN has already got his cards: http://www.overclock.net/t/1411500/official-evga-classified-owners-club/7950_50#post_21643639

The first benchmark I saw is beginning to prove me right, the link below leads to a large image so be warned :D

http://imageshack.com/a/img839/9863/eti9.png

The guy got a boost of 1307 MHz core at 1.16 V on a quick Heaven test. I can't wait to try these on water with 3rd party Bios.

Confirmed by EVGA rep. dark magic was used to create these cards.
Just for fun and LOLS :)

Going to be interesting to see what you can push these cads to.
Records will tumble. No doubt the 2ghz barrier will be broken, repeatedly and on purpose.
post-54950-0-54925000-1390527013.jpg

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Wait, 3GB VRAM? I thought it was 6.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

The clearish shroud on the gpu looks pretty nice but wonder what will happen to the color if it is being affected by heat and light.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

• 1 month later...

To all those saying the card is ugly; If you buy this card and keep the stock cooler on, you have wasted your money. If you're going to air cool, just buy a reference or a regular Classified. I'm glad they didn't put some extravagant, expensive cooler on it since I'm just going to take it off and throw on a waterblock.