EVGA gtx780TI KingPin

FloRolf

The cooler looks rubbish because they aren't expecting anyone to actually use it on this LN2-focused card.

Buying it for anything other than LN2 benching is epeen/signature etc

I wasn't expecting this card to come in at 849, nice price point :)

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

Buying it for anything other than LN2 benching is epeen/signature etc

Care to explain? This is the only 780 TI that is aggressively binned, and is guaranteed to give at least 1300 MHz at 1.2 V. It is also guaranteed to come with Samsung memory. There are 2 dip switches for OCP/OVP protection toggle which comes into effect in water cooling, as well as 2 other dip switches to give a total of 50 mV more on a hardware level. The special bios (that I have already obtained a modified version of) has no voltage limits and can be exploited with the software Classy tool giving you control over 5 separate voltages on the card allowing you to run at easily 1.45-1.5 V under water and even more with better cooling. Finally, the free included backplate and the Probe-IT connector as well as the highly limited nature of the card should help retain value of the card when one wishes to sell it.

8-pack did an air, water and LN2 test of a regular 780 Ti classified and a KPE classified and the latter outperformed the former by miles once you got out of air. So yes- this is an extreme card but not just for LN2 usage and not just for benching alone.

its sort of retro clear plastic consolesque. 

nice.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Just in time for the new cards, superb sense of when to release a product! For the simple fact that this card has such a stupid name I'm not clicking the link.

Still not as bad as Double D. What, Double dicks, double duck, double penetration ohhhhh dissipation that's right. Derp, how could we confuse this!

It's named after K|NGP|N, one of the best overclockers in the world.

Turns out Australia won't be getting these till mid Feb.... Still under R&D, what a load of shit.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Hang on. Is that a DVI to VGA adapter? What the actual chicken shit.

yeah it its. ahaha. the bottom DVI has the analog out, I guess it is a little strange to buy such a great card and use VGA, but stranger things have happened.

At least if you get stuck and you only have a monitor with VGA for testing or troubleshooting i guess.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

The 780 Ti Classified Hydrocopper just came up for sale: http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=03G-P4-2889-KR

No idea why, but I have never had a high opinion of EVGA on Nvidia cards, I always think of ASUS or MSI as better.

Maybe my ignorance is quite bad this time. Care to enlighten me why EVGA should be considered? I plan on getting flagship models of the 800 series (If it is worth it).

I do not watercool btw, not yet at least. I usually do Full Air cooling systems.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Turns out Australia won't be getting these till mid Feb.... Still under R&D, what a load of shit.

Why on Earth you would want to buy this in Australia? It will be like $1000+

Why on Earth you would want to buy this in Australia? It will be like $1000+

Well if the card turns out to be a dud then all I have to do is post it back to the retailer and not have to fart arse around with an international seller. It'd cost like $50 more for an Australian model over an international one once you convert the currency and add the postage.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Reminds me of a cheap airsoft gun.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Storage: Samsung 120GB 840 SSD Cooling: Corsair H100 with Noctuas Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

SpeedTest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3243874809.png

I doubt the standard EK 780Ti WB would fit on this.

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

Here is what to do if you don't like the stock cooler.

1) Take off stock cooler

2) Replace it with water cooling block

3) Done

Now you don't have the ugly stock cooler!

or buy a card that doesn't look like shit to begin with and save yourself a lot of money.

No idea why, but I have never had a high opinion of EVGA on Nvidia cards, I always think of ASUS or MSI as better.

Maybe my ignorance is quite bad this time. Care to enlighten me why EVGA should be considered? I plan on getting flagship models of the 800 series (If it is worth it).

I do not watercool btw, not yet at least. I usually do Full Air cooling systems.

Well EVGA is Nvidia's primary partner so you should definitely consider them each time. They also have the best warranty and customer service from all board partners I have had experience with, Gigabyte comes close though. Asus and MSI are much larger companies and they make both nvidia and AMD cards, so undoubtedly you hear more about them.

Well EVGA is Nvidia's primary partner so you should definitely consider them each time. They also have the best warranty and customer service from all board partners I have had experience with, Gigabyte comes close though. Asus and MSI are much larger companies and they make both nvidia and AMD cards, so undoubtedly you hear more about them.

To be honest I don't really look at the warranty for cards, because I usually spend a fortune getting them shipped back anyway, and I don't want to go through the hassle of RMA a card.

So in terms of components none of the mare superior?

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Depends on what you want. They got reference models, reference cards with aftermarket coolers, aftermarket PCBs with aftermarket coolers (usually called FTW) and then they got their flagship for overclocking called the Classified. This time around they had 2 tiers of the flagship.

If you don't plan on overclocking, then just get a reference card with the aftermarket cooler of your choice from any of the brands. But if you wish to overclock Nvidia cards, especially after their crippling greenlight program, there are just 2 cards to consider: Evga's Classified and MSI's Lightning. For the 780Ti, MSI couldn't even make retail samples of their lightning (likely due to Nvidia not allowing them) so that just leaves the Classified. It helps being the primary partner I guess.

Wasn't this card made specifically for a certain method of overclocking? I see quite a few people commenting who are confused on why this card iteration exists.

Wasn't this card made specifically for a certain method of overclocking? I see quite a few people commenting who are confused on why this card iteration exists.

You're right. for LN2/DICE.

But keep in mind that some people want to just get a good card and run it at stock so they know it is better than stock cards and don't have to mess around with it.

I wont comment on people with WC as I am not to sure if blocks fit or if blocks will be available, but I know people that will buy it and put a moderate OC on it just with its stock cooler.

I am tempted to get 1 or 2 as I want a new GPU. but those pesky GTX 790 and Titan ultra/black edition rumors are stopping me.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

That cooler does look pretty good but i do prefer the standard evga ACX cooler, for me it is the best looking cooler.

I think it looks terrible.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|