I clicked on some type of phishing spam link?

So im always aware of this stuff but last night i was doing a google search and clicked accidental in the search results for a suspicious link and after that i get those weird messages when i open google chrome like click here to meet your love or click here bla bla bla. I tried to run malwarebytes found nothing and i tried to scan with windows defender found nothing as well. How can i get rid of it and make my pc is 100% clean.

Phishing sites cannot install malware on your computer without interaction from you. If you clicked a link, downloaded a file, and ran it, then you installed malware on your machine. If all you saw was a popup and did not click on any links on the page, your computer is not infected.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

45 minutes ago, Homeless Pineapple said:

Phishing sites cannot install malware on your computer without interaction from you. If you clicked a link, downloaded a file, and ran it, then you installed malware on your machine. If all you saw was a popup and did not click on any links on the page, your computer is not infected.

what i was trying to say i clicked that link and im getting spam pop ups everytime i open my chrome. i did full scan with malwarwbytes got nothing,windows defender same thing. says nothing i resetted google chrome settings as they recommend to remove these annoying spam messages and seems it fixed the problem.

18 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

what i was trying to say i clicked that link and im getting spam pop ups everytime i open my chrome. i did full scan with malwarwbytes got nothing,windows defender same thing. says nothing i resetted google chrome settings as they recommend to remove these annoying spam messages and seems it fixed the problem.

Sounds like you unintentionally installed an extension, which would have been removed when you reset Chrome. If Malwarebytes came up clean, then you should have nothing to worry about.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)