What is the safe temps for Asus Strix 08G rx580 8gb?

Good Day!

Quick question. May I know pls what is the normal or what is the limit temps whenever I'm gaming with my Asus Strix 08G Rx 580 8gb graphics card? 
Because while I was playing GTA V, when the temps reach about the early 60's, when I touch backplate of my GPU, it's extremely hot to touch. Which it really concerns me.

Any insights would be well appreciated...

Thanks!

Eman 

3 minutes ago, EClinus1999 said:

when I touch backplate of my GPU, it's extremely hot to touch.

Human touch is nothing compared to the actual max temps. Thermal throttling usually occurs at 100 Celsius, well above what feels "extremely hot" to human skin. Also, the fact that the back plate is hot means it's dissipating heat, which is a good thing.

A GPU below 80 is a nice cool GPU.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, EClinus1999 said:

Good Day!

Quick question. May I know pls what is the normal or what is the limit temps whenever I'm gaming with my Asus Strix 08G Rx 580 8gb graphics card? 
Because while I was playing GTA V, when the temps reach about the early 60's, when I touch backplate of my GPU, it's extremely hot to touch. Which it really concerns me.

Any insights would be well appreciated...

Thanks!

Eman 

Well 60's c is excellent temps while gaming.  Your fine even if it reaches 80's c temp.  Once it hits 90c and above then that is the dangerous and you may get lock ups and a shorter life span for the card.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

The back plate is going to be pretty warm from my understanding. 60 sounds ok to me. If you have a case that doesn't have great airflow (not enough fans, choked ventilation, etc) then that may be contributing. Also, I see your location is in the Philippines, so that may be adding to the GPU temps too.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Under 80 is ok, under 75 is decent, under 70 is good, under 65 is very good.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

Oh. I see. I also forgot to mention that it reaches temps around 60 to 65c when fan speeds of the GPU are on AUTO MODE. 

If I put it around 80% fan speed, it turns around at the early 50's but at the expense of a noisy machine. 

But I really do appreciate all of your opinions. Thank you very much.

54 minutes ago, EClinus1999 said:

Oh. I see. I also forgot to mention that it reaches temps around 60 to 65c when fan speeds of the GPU are on AUTO MODE. 

If I put it around 80% fan speed, it turns around at the early 50's but at the expense of a noisy machine. 

But I really do appreciate all of your opinions. Thank you very much.

Dont run the fans that high, i ran my fans at 60% (3200rpm) for basically 2 years, and i wreaked 2 fan bearings. ? If you want to lower temperatures, undervolt the gpu :) you will drop 5-10C at the same fan speed.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

• 2 months later...

My Asus Strix RX580 OC would constantly thermal throttle and I couldn't get it to overclock above 1380mhz (Base clock is 1360mhz). GTA 5 in particular was bad. My card would hit 85C and throttle down to the mid 1200s. I thought I got shafted because I bought it second hand from Ebay. I took it apart and replaced the thermal paste with Icy Diamond. Well, that did the trick and now the temps are in the high 50s/ low 60s when I play GTA 5 with a stable overclock at 1520mhz. Oh and the fans are running at about 75 percent. It might help to replace the thermal paste at some point with higher quality TIM.