What do I do about this snake? (Not the reptile, the person)

iLostMyXbox21

This entire situation sounds extremely and overly convoluted.

Why did "Chris" give you his password to begin with? You clearly really dislike him. Why does he think you're his friend when you aren't?

Obviously there's more to the situation then meets the eye. Do you have romantic feelings for "Claire"?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

This entire situation sounds extremely and overly convoluted.

Why did "Chris" give you his password to begin with? You clearly really dislike him. Why does he think you're his friend when you aren't?

Obviously there's more to the situation then meets the eye. Do you have romantic feelings for "Claire"?

No we were best friends until this happened and since as I’ve said, she’s been hurt way too many times as it is, and I am not gonna let her get hurt again cause I know what she’s been through and I’ve been through the same so I know how it feels

and yeah I do, but that’s not why I’m being so defensive right now, I’ve done this for multiple people because I’ve been through hell and I know how it feels to be hurt many times. And none of them I’ve had feelings for. I’m just a helpful person (even to people who treat me like shit)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

46 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

No we were best friends until this happened and since as I’ve said, she’s been hurt way too many times as it is, and I am not gonna let her get hurt again cause I know what she’s been through and I’ve been through the same so I know how it feels

So "Chris" used to be your best friend, and while he was your best friend, he gave you his password. Now you hate him (you're literally calling him a snake) but he still thinks you guys are friends?

Look, he might be a douche bag asshole who plays women. But you need to be honest with yourself and with him. If you don't like him anymore, you need to tell him you're no longer friends. And why.

And additionally, you need to forget his password, since even if he gave it to you while you were friends (or while he thought you were friends), now that you aren't, it's a gross violation of his privacy to snoop anymore than you already did.

46 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

and yeah I do, but that’s not why I’m being so defensive right now, I’ve done this for multiple people because I’ve been through hell and I know how it feels to be hurt many times. And none of them I’ve had feelings for. I’m just a helpful person (even to people who treat me like shit)

Fair enough. You've done your thing. Now it's time to step back and let it play out as it will.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

So "Chris" used to be your best friend, and while he was your best friend, he gave you his password. Now you hate him (you're literally calling him a snake) but he still thinks you guys are friends?

Look, he might be a douche bag asshole who plays women. But you need to be honest with yourself and with him. If you don't like him anymore, you need to tell him you're no longer friends. And why.

And additionally, you need to forget his password, since even if he gave it to you while you were friends (or while he thought you were friends), now that you aren't, it's a gross violation of his privacy to snoop anymore than you already did.

Fair enough. You've done your thing. Now it's time to step back and let it play out as it will.

Fair point. I would tell him but after we argued he blocked me so I can’t. 

Clnsidering it is literally password01 but spelt different, kinda hard to forget

and I won’t snoop. Only reason I did this time was because I had a bad feeling about it 

1 minute ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Fair point. I would tell him but after we argued he blocked me so I can’t. 

You don't see each other in person? At school or something? Did he block all contact? SMS? Phone? Email? FB Messenger? Skype?

Clnsidering it is literally password01 but spelt different, kinda hard to forget

I get what you mean. What I really meant was simply don't log back in again.

and I won’t snoop. Only reason I did this time was because I had a bad feeling about it 

Fair enough - still, even people we hate deserve us respecting their privacy.

I used to invest way too much of myself into people like this in high school, and at the end of the day Chris is gonna be Chris and Claire is gonna be Claire. You can give Claire a small amount of non-forceful input as to your opinion, you can tell Chris to chill out on Claire, but at the end of the day they are going to do what the are going to do, and you can always be there for her when shit inevitably blows up in her face. Just don't say "I told you so."

7 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You don't see each other in person? At school or something? Did he block all contact? SMS? Phone? Email? FB Messenger? Skype?

Yeah, and we see each other at school but he’s in ROTC and has anger issues so I know if I go up to him he’s gonna start something (plus, I’m suspended rn)

get what you mean. What I really meant was simply don't log back in again

Yeah I won’t lol

Fair enough - still, even people we hate deserve us respecting their privacy.

Yeah

I have to say this sounds iffy, Chris gives you his password01 and says you can read his messages, knowing what is in them and knowing you are friends with Claire? it just doesn't add up for me.

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

On 4/3/2019 at 8:47 PM, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Are you actually serious right now?

Half.

But him banging Betty doesn't mean it's exclusive. You have friendzone feelings for Claire?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti