[Petition] Upgrade US outlets to this

ELECTRISK
16 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

Look no further than Denmark: home to happy wall power

The type K plug is quite adorable. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Would it be possible for me to buy a ton of these kind of outlets from denmark and use converters to I can still power my stuff?

48 minutes ago, ELECTRISK said:

Would it be possible for me to buy a ton of these kind of outlets from denmark and use converters to I can still power my stuff?

Yes if you really want

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

No, I lived in countries for most of my life with these, and I would rather us not use them? It would make all our older electronics more of a hassle to use, since we’d have to use adapters for them. Please no, and I doubt this will ever happen too.

1 hour ago, ELECTRISK said:

If you wanna use adapters for your us products... this means you’d have to use a voltage converter (most decent power supplies on computers have this built in to them, normally a small switch) to convert the voltage from 220 volts to 110 volts, I had a Xbox 360 imported from the United States to Israel when I still lived there. I knew I had to use a converter and I had one too, but I tend to take my Xbox EVERYWHERE, so coming back from my friends house, I was tired and just wanted to set it up so when I wake up I won’t have to do that, I ended up forgetting the converter, I turned my Xbox on and I heard a small tick and a smell of something burning, I brush it off and try one more time to turn it on, that’s when the electric meter switch for my entire apartment went off due to a short, it was quite a mess to try to explain myself. I ended up completely frying my 360s power supply unit and had to buy a new one, which ended up for the better, I could use my 360 without a voltage converter. Here’s the thing about the converters, they tend to get HOT, like I used to put shrimp on it to give it a little crisp, and you also can’t easily go out and buy new plugs for all your electronics, like your toaster, or your TV, unless you really want to cut and splice wires all night and day... it’s too late to have the U.S. convert to European style of plugs. If I said anything that could possibly be wrong please let me know.