no audio after installing new gpu from rx 580 to 1070

Alwaroo

i just got a gtx 1070 i plugged it in and all of a sudden im not getting audio in my headset only on my monitor i looked up every tried all their solution and nothing everything was working perfectly prior the installion of the gpu

If you are getting audio through your monitor then it must be enabled as an output device. You need to go to audio device management and disable it. Ideally set your headphones as default device if that's what you want.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

If you connect you monitor with HDMI, you output may default to the output of the monitor. Check if your Playback Device was changed to "NVIDIA High Definition Audio". If so, switch to the correct device should fix the problem.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

2 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

If you connect you monitor with HDMI, you output may default to the output of the monitor. Check if your Playback Device was changed to "NVIDIA High Definition Audio". If so, switch to the correct device should fix the problem.

yes my monitor is showing as NVIDIA High Definition Audio and when i switch to my headset i still dont get audio

3 minutes ago, keskparane said:

If you are getting audio through your monitor then it must be enabled as an output device. You need to go to audio device management and disable it. Ideally set your headphones as default device if that's what you want.

just tried that didnt work

Most (like 80-90%) of the time that I boot up my computer after it's been shut down for a few hours, it thinks, well, basically this: Computer: "Did I load the audio?" Me: *signs in, goes to Spotify, and plays music, but no audio on anything (especially my dying speakers, which I don't know which ones to get for the best price...)* Computer: *checks the list of loaded stuff* "Well, it says it's loaded, so, I guess it's loaded...?" Me: *in head: Forgot to load it again, Dell Inspiron 3650 PC w/ a NVIDIA 750 GT (because I don't get a very good monthly payment for a job I love doing) running a "Core i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70 GHz 2.71 GHz" processor (according to Windows settings). But, after I reboot the PC, the PC's like: "Okay, so, I guess the audio loading on the first boot-up was false. Load the audio." Basicall y how it goes. Every. Single. Time.

2 hours ago, Alwaroo said:

just tried that didnt work

its defaulting to outputting through your GPU this is the only explanation due to you just installing the gpu... this happens to me every time i update my gpu drivers...  right click the sound icon near your clock on your desktop go to "playback devices" and DISABLE EVERYTHING but your 3.5mm audio jack or USB headset/dac/amp.  Also set that device to the default device.

If all that fails again try hooking up to your monitor via DVI cable or something that doesn't carry audio.

i found the issue my hd audio cable on psu is broke. ty guys for the help anyways

couple days ago i got a new gpu 1070 from a rx 580 and prior to getting it i used ddu to uninstall all my gpu drivers and after that i installed the 1070 and after the drivers installed my audio doesnt work on my headset they dont even get detected from either the rear or front io jacks and they do work cause when i plug them in there is that tiny static noise. but when i goto my play back sounds it shows that audio is playing but im not getting an audio the thing that get audio is my monitor but not the headset ive tried everything ppl told me on here and ive tried looking up so other pages and tried them and nothing i must be doing something wrong and i really dont want to get a whole entire brand new pc to fix this. first i thought it was my hd audio cable on the psu was broke but ppl told me that it has nothing to do with this and ive completely restarted my pc 3 times now uninstalled everything kept repeating and still nothing still cant get my headset to get detected and get audio out of it and my headset does work cause i plugged in my phone it works completely fine and i also plugged it in my monitor and the audio worked but everytime i try plugging in pc nothing either the mic or headset is being detected so at this point i have no clue what do to but get a new pc which atm i cant afford and the only thing i can think of is for someone here to PLEASE get on team viewer and at least attempt to fix this for me please begging at this point  

did you delete realtek drivers  on ddu?

might just have to reinstall your realtek drivers if you did

18 hours ago, Alwaroo said:

couple days ago i got a new gpu 1070 from a rx 580 and prior to getting it i used ddu to uninstall all my gpu drivers and after that i installed the 1070 and after the drivers installed my audio doesnt work on my headset they dont even get detected from either the rear or front io jacks and they do work cause when i plug them in there is that tiny static noise. but when i goto my play back sounds it shows that audio is playing but im not getting an audio the thing that get audio is my monitor but not the headset ive tried everything ppl told me on here and ive tried looking up so other pages and tried them and nothing i must be doing something wrong and i really dont want to get a whole entire brand new pc to fix this. first i thought it was my hd audio cable on the psu was broke but ppl told me that it has nothing to do with this and ive completely restarted my pc 3 times now uninstalled everything kept repeating and still nothing still cant get my headset to get detected and get audio out of it and my headset does work cause i plugged in my phone it works completely fine and i also plugged it in my monitor and the audio worked but everytime i try plugging in pc nothing either the mic or headset is being detected so at this point i have no clue what do to but get a new pc which atm i cant afford and the only thing i can think of is for someone here to PLEASE get on team viewer and at least attempt to fix this for me please begging at this point  

OK First of all if you want people to help you the best they can please format your forum post a little better to better explain what you have done as that was a mess to read.

Here is what to try FIRST:

1. Go to playback devices this can be found by right clicking the sound icon near the clock on your desktop.

2. Disable EVERYTHING except your HEADSET and right click your headset and set it to default device.

The reason the audio is not coming out of your headset is because modern graphics cards have the ability to output audio through to your monitor or other devices in the event you may be using the PC with a home theater receiver etc. and when you install the drivers for said GPU it places the GPU as the default output device..  usually that should fix it as even when I update my drivers for my GPU it causes my audio output device to change..

Now for the next step if that does not work:

Part of the problem now is that if you HAVE installed the new GPU without properly un-installing the old GPU Driver software and on top of that it sounded like you tried to repeat this process multiple times this is about the worst thing you can do while installing a GPU.  What happens is that you end up installing a driver ontop of a driver and it really messes with your hardware function to resolve this you need to download and install "Display Driver Uninstaller"  or "DDU" for short.   

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html  Please scroll down the page and pick an appropriate download mirror for your location.

-Once this is downloaded open up the program and follow the instructions to completely WIPE all GPU driver software from your machine AMD & NVIDIA.  

-Once finished restart your computer and windows should install basic display drivers so your gpu will at least output a video signal 

-Then go to nvidia website and download the latest compatible driver for your GTX 1070 & OS.

-Install the driver software

-Reboot your PC adjust your resolution if needed then you MIGHT HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR AUDIO SETTINGS AGAIN VIA THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE.

Good luck hope this helps 

Edit: You need to relax man jumping to I GOTTA BUY A NEW PC NOW is just ludicrous,  You cannot solve problems when you are thinking in this manner it will lead to poor results and you making mistakes such as triple installing a driver ...   ITS ALL GOOD MAN

2 hours ago, pas008 said:

did you delete realtek drivers  on ddu?

might just have to reinstall your realtek drivers if you did

already tried that 

1 hour ago, Tz000 said:

OK First of all if you want people to help you the best they can please format your forum post a little better to better explain what you have done as that was a mess to read.

Here is what to try FIRST:

1. Go to playback devices this can be found by right clicking the sound icon near the clock on your desktop.

2. Disable EVERYTHING except your HEADSET and right click your headset and set it to default device.

The reason the audio is not coming out of your headset is because modern graphics cards have the ability to output audio through to your monitor or other devices in the event you may be using the PC with a home theater receiver etc. and when you install the drivers for said GPU it places the GPU as the default output device..  usually that should fix it as even when I update my drivers for my GPU it causes my audio output device to change..

Now for the next step if that does not work:

Part of the problem now is that if you HAVE installed the new GPU without properly un-installing the old GPU Driver software and on top of that it sounded like you tried to repeat this process multiple times this is about the worst thing you can do while installing a GPU.  What happens is that you end up installing a driver ontop of a driver and it really messes with your hardware function to resolve this you need to download and install "Display Driver Uninstaller"  or "DDU" for short.   

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html  Please scroll down the page and pick an appropriate download mirror for your location.

-Once this is downloaded open up the program and follow the instructions to completely WIPE all GPU driver software from your machine AMD & NVIDIA.  

-Once finished restart your computer and windows should install basic display drivers so your gpu will at least output a video signal 

-Then go to nvidia website and download the latest compatible driver for your GTX 1070 & OS.

-Install the driver software

-Reboot your PC adjust your resolution if needed then you MIGHT HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR AUDIO SETTINGS AGAIN VIA THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE.

Good luck hope this helps 

Edit: You need to relax man jumping to I GOTTA BUY A NEW PC NOW is just ludicrous,  You cannot solve problems when you are thinking in this manner it will lead to poor results and you making mistakes such as triple installing a driver ...   ITS ALL GOOD MAN

already tried them and with the first one my headset doesnt even get detected from either the front or back audio jacks. but ik the audio jacks work cause when i plug the jacks in there is the tiny static noise but the headset is not being detected 

cause ive tried soo much its insane and nothing has worked its either im stupid or im doing something wrong at first i thought it was my ad audio cable on my psu was broke but every told me it has nothing to do with it

these are my specs if that matters cause its amd build with nvidia gpu 

Ryzen 5 2600
Gtx 1070
b450m-hdv
16gb ddr4 3200
120 gb ssd + 1tb hdd
corsair 550w
phantek p300

i also COMPLETELY wiped my pc so i had to redownload windows with a usb and still same problem 

41 minutes ago, Alwaroo said:

that why i really want someone to get on teamviewer and do everything for me and try fix it

What good is that? You won't learn anything that way.

34 minutes ago, JabroniBaloney said:

What good is that? You won't learn anything that way.

true but ive literally tried everything and nothing has worked and i cant do nothing cause i have no audio if i cant fix this then only option is to get another pc