What would be the best graphics card for 2560 x 1080

renegade200527
Go to solution Solved by Dinnerb0n3,
34 minutes ago, renegade200527 said:

Currently doing homework for a new personal/streaming build and trying to get an idea of how much I should spend. My monitor is an older LG 2560 x 1080, 60hz and no g-sync or freesync capability. Upgrading from a 1050ti which while good, wasn't great. I've been eyeing the RTX 2060 but I don't want to spend that cost if I don't have to since I'm in a mid 1080 under 1440 range. Would it be worth it or should I go more towards a gtx 1660ti instead?

Get the Vega 56 it's on sale in neweggh for 269.99$ and it has 8gigs of VRAM which is necessary for 1440p since many games use more than 6gigs of Vram which the 2060 has.

On tweaking the Vega 56 it keeps pace or beats the 2060.

And as a bonus you get 3 great games

PS this is the one with the winforce cooler and not the stock cooler

Currently doing homework for a new personal/streaming build and trying to get an idea of how much I should spend. My monitor is an older LG 2560 x 1080, 60hz and no g-sync or freesync capability. Upgrading from a 1050ti which while good, wasn't great. I've been eyeing the RTX 2060 but I don't want to spend that cost if I don't have to since I'm in a mid 1080 under 1440 range. Would it be worth it or should I go more towards a gtx 1660ti instead?

Yeah, either 1660 or 1660 Ti.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1160ti Will do the job perfectly for you.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

34 minutes ago, renegade200527 said:

Get the Vega 56 it's on sale in neweggh for 269.99$ and it has 8gigs of VRAM which is necessary for 1440p since many games use more than 6gigs of Vram which the 2060 has.

6 minutes ago, Dinnerb0n3 said:

I see that one now. That's a great price for a Vega. Wasn't even considering one but if I can catch that price this will most likely be my choice. Thanks!

I'd get around 1660 ti, or 2060, or v56. overall, I'd get 1660 ti. 6GB vram is fine for UWHD, most games don't even use 8 at 4k.

4 hours ago, _StrikE_ said:

Bare in mind that a decent ~600w+ PSU is also recommended for the Vega 56, especially if you want to tweak and overclock to it, so take that into consideration as well.

PS: Personally I've been using the RTX 2060 with that res and i'm quite pleased.

The RTX 2060 is also a great choice but seeing that you are spending so much on such a powerful you will ( or at least I expect) use it for a few years. Even though right now your GPU might be comparable to it in the present but in the future you will be limited by your vram even though your GPU has enough horsepower to play the games at a higher setting. 

But this is all my opinion who knows what will happen in the future so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Cheers

:)

Yea my build list is actually pretty high while going mid range on the GPU simply because why go big when my monitor can't? So I'd like to save cost but still try to get a gpu where if I do upgrade my monitor later it will keep pace with it. The reviews I've read on the 1660 ti are mixed. Some say it can go 1440, some say it struggles, but I'd rather pay $280 over $350 for the 2060. That's why the vega 56 at $270 is very enticing right now. If only my wife wasn't hovering over me making sure I don't go crazy lol. Would much rather aim for a 2070 and just not worry about it lol. My budget is only about $1100 right now, with $1200 sorta being my max.

Here's my part list that I'm currently looking at. Currently reflecting the vega 56 sale:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3rZDWD

The hard part now is hoping the money comes before the sale ends.