CPU Utilization (Low CPU Clock - High Utilization) vs. High CPU Clock - Low Utilization)

Hi Guys, I'm curious.

This may be an obvious question, but nonetheless I don't know the answer and my light research isn't making things better. 

I'm not necessarily trying to understand this for gaming purposes, but what's the best case scenario when it comes on to CPU Usage?

Is it best to have the utilization at 100% on a lower frequency, or in contrast 10% on a higher frequency, or is it something else I haven't thought of?

I would like to know because, I have a CPU which can get fairly hot if it runs at its a max for extended periods. Will I experience any benefit over finding lower my CPU Clock and increasing my CPU Usage Vs. Keeping low and running at max?

Satiate my curiosity Please.

Less usage on higher clocks (within reason) is best IMO.

High Usage on Lower clocks, well it has to recover whatevers left in that total transaction back and forth balance,.. high usage may have other hardware suffer with information gathering due to busy queues,..with slow clocks...

Low Usage at Higher clocks,.. more available "freespace" for threads to be finished, but for the most part,.. this is ideal but you also don't want outright wasted potentials.. spending more cash for cores than you realistically are going to use... aka Futureproofing hazards.

Like having a 10core 20thread CPU,.. but only using 30-50% or so in your tasks..... (when they are being used in your normal experiences) seems a huge waste too...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz