Msi z370 gaming plus

Will my msi  z370 gaming plus motherboard  handle an i7 9700k and a rtx 2070?  I’m not over clocking anything 

The card will be fine.  The chip on the other hand.  The motherboard will probably need a bios update first (so you'll need an 8th Gen chip to do that)  The other consideration is are the VRMs powerful enough to handle a full blown 8 core.  I'm sure someone else here will have the answer to that

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Oh yeah I forgot about the update I know that part, I’m new to this stuff so I’m just tryna figure if I might potentially harm the motherboard. Thank you very much for the response!

1 minute ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

The card will be fine.  The chip on the other hand.  The motherboard will probably need a bios update first (so you'll need an 8th Gen chip to do that)  The other consideration is are the VRMs powerful enough to handle a full blown 8 core.  I'm sure someone else here will have the answer to that

Out of curiosity, what are you upgrading from?  Do you already have the motherboard?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

If you plan on keeping the 9700K at stock frequency then the that board will manage it, otherwise I would look elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Out of curiosity, what are you upgrading from?  Do you already have the motherboard?

I do already have the motherboard and I’m currently sitting with an i3 8350k. I built the pc right before the 9th gens were released and I really wanted the newest i7. I’ve been told to just go with the i7 8700k but I’m not budgin ? my plans are to upgrade to the 9700k along with a dark rock pro 4 air cooler. I dont plan on doing any overlooking YET but for now everything will be ran at stock speeds. I just wanna know if for the time being that I first get my hands on these upgrades, if my z370 gaming plus will handle the upgrades. Will eventually upgrade the motherboard but that’s gonna be a while :/

Just now, BollyWood401 said:

I do already have the motherboard and I’m currently sitting with an i3 8350k. I built the pc right before the 9th gens were released and I really wanted the newest i7. I’ve been told to just go with the i7 8700k but I’m not budgin ? my plans are to upgrade to the 9700k along with a dark rock pro 4 air cooler. I dont plan on doing any overlooking YET but for now everything will be ran at stock speeds. I just wanna know if for the time being that I first get my hands on these upgrades, if my z370 gaming plus will handle the upgrades.

I wouldn't overclock a 9th Gen chip on an 8th Gen board.  Sorry but personally, i think you're wasting your money.  Do you do anything other than game? If not, the extra 20-25fps the 9700k will give you over the 8350k (once it's overclocked) isn't worth the 3-400 bucks the 9700k will cost you.

1 minute ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

I wouldn't overclock a 9th Gen chip on an 8th Gen board.  Sorry but personally, i think you're wasting your money.  Do you do anything other than game? If not, the extra 20-25fps the 9700k will give you over the 8350k (once it's overclocked) isn't worth the 3-400 bucks the 9700k will cost you.

Well it’s not so much for what I have now and on this 8th gen board I don’t plan on doing any overclocking im just tryna to gradually set myself up with a newer build. And thanks for the opinion, and trust me you are the 100th person to tell me this, I just wanna know if the motherboard will handle it ? some people tell me that first without even answering my question that I asked in the first place haha. I appreciate it though 

1 minute ago, BollyWood401 said:

Well it’s not so much for what I have now and on this 8th gen board I don’t plan on doing any overclocking im just tryna to gradually set myself up with a newer build. And thanks for the opinion, and trust me you are the 100th person to tell me this, I just wanna know if the motherboard will handle it ? some people tell me that first without even answering my question that I asked in the first place haha. I appreciate it though 

You'll be fine to start.  Use the 8350k to flash the latest bios from MSi.  Then plop the 9700k in it.  It'll work fine at stock speeds ;) 

I’m gonna be using a msi z370 gaming plus with an i7 9700k for now until I upgrade to a z390. I know that I need to update the bios to use it but will the 9700k be safe to use at stock speeds with my msi z370 gaming plus mother board? It’s only until I upgrade 

It's perfectly safe at stock speeds.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

33 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

It's perfectly safe at stock speeds.

Thanks! Just wanted to make sure one last time :)