NEW IPADS RELEASED!

MrFixitBlankFace
12 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

So, looking at the specs out of boredom, this statement is kinda BS. The iPad Air starts at $500 for the 64GB version and $650 for the 256GB version ($620 and $780 to add LTE for the respective models), and uses the $100 first gen Pencil. For $880, you get a tablet only .5" smaller, with the pencil, same single core performance (the high perf cores are clocked the same), highly usable multicore performance (though the A12X mops the floor with the A12, as it's 4x4 vs 3x3 and the A12X can use all 8 cores), and a still highly respectable GPU.

In contrast, the BASE 64GB iPad Pro 11 costs $800 for the Wifi only model, and it only uses the $130 gen 2 pencil.

It has a fairly clear place in the market, it's the direct replacement for the iPad Pro 10.5 at a far more palatable price.

It's still oddly placed in the market though. The person who would want the performance/specs would probably opt to go over the 11" iPad Pro whereas the average individual would be better off getting the 32gb 9.7" iPad for $330. The 10.5" Air is still lacking the 120hz screen, higher power SoC, and quad speakers, and at the same time, doesn't offer much to the average user. 

The situation is a bit different if you need more than 32gb of storage but less than 64gb, but, it's again the same odd placement if you need more than 64gb but less than 128gb.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

the average individual would be better off getting the 32gb 9.7" iPad for $330.

Given that the iPad is rocking an A10, and the the Air an A12, what they're doing is a huge factor. Moving forward, the Air would be better for gaming based on performance.

The Air also has the option of Apple's smart keyboard, the iPad does not. Anyone looking for a light duty laptop would benefit from both this and the slightly larger screen.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

9 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Given that the iPad is rocking an A10, and the the Air an A12, what they're doing is a huge factor. Moving forward, the Air would be better for gaming based on performance.

The Air also has the option of Apple's smart keyboard, the iPad does not. Anyone looking for a light duty laptop would benefit from both this and the slightly larger screen.

The slightly larger screen is pretty irrelevant, and I'd be shocked if more than a small fraction of people ended up with the smart keyboard (or any keyboard for that matter). There certainly are advantages to the 10.5" Air -- and it makes perfect sense for basically anyone who needs more than 32gb but less than 64gb, but it still feels both oddly positioned and overpriced (compared to its predecessor -- not so much the market as a whole).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

New iPad but old design ? eeeeeeeeew

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

50 minutes ago, Thony said:

Yes.  That is actually something I had in mind.  They should have used the new design instead of complicating things keeping the old one.

Won’t visit often..

55 minutes ago, Thony said:

5 minutes ago, MrFixitBlankFace said:

They should have used the new design instead of complicating things keeping the old one.

Not everyone likes the new design, plus they don't have to retool on what are likely less lucrative products.

Plus, it's basically a chip and screen swap, using chips from their phones. They're not looking to spend a whole lot on upgrading these SKUs just yet.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Way too many products in that stack.

I don't understand why they didn't just drop the iPad and put the now iPad Air in it's place taking it from 9.7" to 10.5".

Still doesn't have Face ID and high end storage so its not "Pro" and only supports 1st gen Pencil why not just provide a better product.

As for iPad Pro drop the price of the 11inch to fill the iPad Air Pricing area and product.

I don't know why you would need iPad mini, iPad, iPad Air and iPad Pro with all the SKU's within each product.

Holy confusing stack.

One final note.. why is the iPad Mini Entry more expensive than the iPad. it's always been Mini $100 cheaper than the entry iPad.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

3 minutes ago, Maticks said:

why is the iPad Mini Entry more expensive than the iPad. it's always been Mini $100 cheaper than the entry iPad.

The iPad runs an A10 Fusion, the Mini (and Air) have A12 Bionics.

4 minutes ago, Maticks said:

don't know why you would need iPad mini, iPad, iPad Air and iPad Pro with all the SKU's within each product.

Different people want different sizes.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Different people want different sizes.

Even more confusing then because iPad and iPad mini normally have the same processors to give them the same price the different sizes for different people is all that use to set them apart.

so the mini has the A12 and the iPad as the A10. So people need more power on something smaller and will pay more money for a smaller screen.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

Just now, Maticks said:

so the mini has the A12 and the iPad as the A10. So people need more power on something smaller and will pay more money for a smaller screen.

The iPad also came out a year ago yesterday. It wouldn't be unexpected for that to get a refresh soon. Plus, again, there is the iPad Air.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

7 hours ago, Drak3 said:

A spec bump shouldn't be as expensive as it was with the Air and Mini. But it likely has to do with the 2018 iPad being released with old hardware to begin with that made it viable to sell it at $330, which is the only reason the Air and Mini seem overpriced.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler