Need Help From Down Under (Australia)

Hey Guys,

I just joined this site and I need some help :c. I'm starting university and I plan to buy a new laptop to study/game. I had my eye on Wall mart's overpowered laptop however, I'm in Australia so buying it would be impossible (and its sold out :c). Do you guys have any suggestions on a gaming laptop that a student can afford? 

Please leave any suggestions as I will check them out !!

Thanks c:

2 minutes ago, D_Rust said:

What budget? Does it have to do gaming?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

What budget? Does it have to do gaming?

Um preferably between $1000 to $2000 aud (screw our dollar) and I would want it to be able to run games for 2 year ish (plan on building a desktop at uni) 

Thanks!!

Acer Nitro 5 would be a competitor I suppose. It's priced quite reasonably, I bought one as a work laptop with a full spec and it's quite good. The IPS panel could be a little brighter but overall for that price it's a nice machine.

I have the AMD-based variant that's equipped with a Ryzen 5 2500U and a Radeon RX 560X. If you can afford it though, I suggest you try to grab a laptop that has a GTX 1060 in it as the performance uplift will be very significant. The RX 560X that I have in my Nitro 5 is between the GTX 1050 and the 1050Ti in terms of performance so it's not the fastest mobile GPU. You can play most games on it though.

EDIT: This should be good for your money, although I'd check reviews first to see if the cooling system is good-enough:
https://www.newegg.com/global/au-en/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834235064&ignorebbr=1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Any preference on weight and battery life? Mind low sRGB display? What games do you play?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

2 minutes ago, D_Rust said:

Um preferably between $1000 to $2000 aud (screw our dollar) and I would want it to be able to run games for 2 year ish (plan on building a desktop at uni) 

Thanks!!

Just find a laptop with an i5 8300H and GTX 1050 at least, not sure on build quality for this one, but there's an example.
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Nitro-AN515-Laptop-i5-8300H/dp/B07C715KNT

Or live with a Ryzen 5 2500U APU, which in theory should be cheaper, and can still do some lighter games just fine, that would be more portable and whatever.

Or you might be able to find barebones laptops like this one
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA8S16KG4073&Description=barebones laptops&cm_re=barebones_laptops-_-9SIA8S16KG4073-_-Product

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?