Upgraded To Corsair 2400 DDR3 Dominator Platinums, No Longer Can OC Anything

iamdarkyoshi

So here's a weird one for ya. I recently got ahold of a system with 32GB of 2400mhz DDR3 Dominator Platinums. I got the whole thing cheaper than just buying the RAM.

Excited, I figured I'd throw a 2x8GB kit into my secondary PC, which uses an Asus Z87i-Deluxe motherboard, i7 4770K, and GTX 1070.

I was having stability issues with the cheap 2400mhz kit I bought for it, so I was hoping the platinums would solve that.

After installing, I set up my OCs, stressed it, and it was stable. But then I checked the CPU clocks and RAM clocks, and they're all default!

No matter what OCs I set, the board won't listen and just rolls with 1600mhz for the RAM and stock voltage and clocks for the CPU. No errors on booting, just ignores my settings.

What I've tried:

Updating the BIOS to the latest version 1204 from asus's website

Loading defaults and re-adding the OC settings

Overclocking JUST the CPU

Overclocking JUST the RAM

And nothing makes a difference. Benchmarks exactly the same as stock and CPUZ shows the same details as stock.

What are my options here? This is driving me nuts!

If you're using XMP then don't, set timings and freq manually.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Does it work again if you swap to the other set?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

If you're using XMP then don't, set timings and freq manually.

I've tried disabling XMP and literally just setting voltage and multiplier on the CPU, still the CPU runs at stock speeds

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Does it work again if you swap to the other set?

Will have to try tomorrow, its too late to be pulling this machine apart again.